No matter what time slot they occupied, the best '80s talk shows delivered information that the public was hungry for. From top 1980s talk shows that revolutionized late-night television, to shows that found daytime audiences, and even primetime audiences. This list of the best talk shows of the '80s has been voted on a ranked by your votes.
What are some shows one can expect to find on this 1980s talk shows list? In 1982, Late Night with David Letterman debuted on NBC, with his first guest being Bill Murray. The Caddyshack star sat down with Letterman many times over the years and even appeared on his final episode of The Late Show, which aired on CBS, in 2015. The Oprah Winfrey Show is another popular talk show that premiered in the decade. Metalheads got a chance to see interviews with their favorite musicians on MTV's '80s talk show, Headbangers Ball. Other great series that are featured on this top 1980s talk shows list include Nightline, The 700 Club, and Good Morning America.
What are the best '80s talk shows? Did the shows you think were the best make this list? Vote up the 1980s talk shows you think are the best of the decade and see where the talk shows of the '80s you loved to watch rank.
- The Morning Exchange was an American morning television program that aired on WEWS-TV in Cleveland, Ohio from 1972 to 1999. The program is widely regarded as one of the most successful local programs ...more
- Late-night talk show hosted by Johnny Carson, including guest interviews and musical performances.
- The Phil Donahue Show, also known as Donahue, is an American television talk show hosted by Phil Donahue that ran for 26 years on national television. Its run was preceded by three years of local ...more
- The host interviews a variety of guests.
- Attitudes is an American television talk show on Lifetime that aired from 1985 to 1991. Hosted originally by Linda Dano and Nancy Glass, it was taped before a live studio audience at EUE Screen Gems ...more
- Teen Summit is an American talk show for youth that aired on Black Entertainment Television from September 16, 1989 to August 31, 2002.
- The Merv Griffin Show was an American television talk show, starring Merv Griffin. The series ran from October 1, 1962 to March 29, 1963 on NBC, May 1965 to August 15, 1969 in first-run syndication, ...more
- The Arsenio Hall Show is an American late-night talk show created and hosted by Arsenio Hall. There are two separate programs that have been titled The Arsenio Hall Show, both airing in syndication. ...more
- Aided by a different celebrity co-host each week, Mike Douglas interviews entertainment figures.
- Larry King Live is an American talk show that was hosted by Larry King on CNN from 1985 to 2010. It was CNN's most watched and longest-running program, with over one million viewers nightly. Mainly ...more
- The latest national and international news.
- Up-to-the-minute news, weather, lifestyle and topical features.
- Oprah discusses topics with guests, before a studio audience.
- Interviews with public figures and those making news and setting the political agenda.
- News interviews with distinguished national and foreign figures.
- Joan Rivers serves as host for one of TV's first syndicated talk shows.
- Rise-&-Shine is a morning talk show that aired weekdays at 6:00 AM ET on WLTZ in Columbus, Georgia from 1989 to 2010. The show ended due to host Calvin Floyd moving to a noon talk show.
- The Pat Sajak Show is an American late-night television talk show which aired on CBS from January 9, 1989 to April 13, 1990.
- This Week is an American Sunday morning political affairs program airing on the ABC television network. The program is currently hosted by George Stephanopoulos, who also serves as Chief Anchor of ...more
- Geraldo is an American daytime television talk show hosted by Geraldo Rivera that aired in syndication from September 7, 1987, to June 12, 1998, with the last two seasons airing under the title The ...more
- Live with Kelly and Michael is an American syndicated morning talk show, hosted by Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. Executive-produced by Michael Gelman, the show has aired since 1983 locally on ...more
- The Wilton North Report is a late-night combined newsmagazine, talk show, and variety show that aired on Fox in December 1987 and January 1988. It was Fox's second attempt at a regular late-night ...more
- The 700 Club is the flagship television program of the Christian Broadcasting Network, airing in syndication throughout the United States and available worldwide on CBN.com. Airing each weekday, the ...more
- Fiona Bruce hosts a studio audience quizzing top politicians on the events of the day.