These are the best 1990s medical TV shows, ranked from best to worst by your votes. Medical series have ranked among viewers' favorite types of shows for basically forever. Some great 90s medical TV shows were famously heart-wrenching dramas that took a realistic approach to life in a trauma center, while others were distinctly comedic and added levity to even the most serious situations. So, what are the top 1990s medical TV series? Vote up your favorites!
What are some of the shows that appear on this best 1990s medical TV shows list? In 1994, ER premiered, setting the gold standard for medical shows to come. This great show featured an all-star cast that included George Clooney, Julianna Margulies and Anthony Edwards. Northern Exposure was another good medical show that aired in the 1990s.
Dr. Frasier Crane shared his knowledge of mental health on the hilarious sitcom Frasier throughout the 1990s. Other great shows that appear on this top 1990s medical TV shows list include Chicago Hope, Diagnosis: Murder and China Beach.
Do you have a favorite 90s medical show? Give the best shows a thumbs up!
- 1Photo: ER/NBCER is an American medical drama television series created by novelist Michael Crichton that aired on NBC from September 19, 1994, to April 2, 2009. It was produced by Constant c Productions and Amblin Entertainment, in association with Warner Bros. Television. ER follows the inner life of the emergency room of fictional County General Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, and various critical issues faced by the room's physicians and staff. The show ran for 15 seasons with a total of 331 episodes, becoming the longest-running primetime medical drama in American television history. It won 23 Emmy Awards, including the 1996 Outstanding Drama Series award, and received 124 Emmy nominations, which... more on Wikipedia
8524Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Julianna Margulies
- Premiered: 1994
- Photo: uploaded by Timeline CapsuleChina Beach is an American dramatic television series set at an evacuation hospital during Vietnam. The title refers to My Khe beach in the city of Đà Nẵng, Vietnam, which was nicknamed "China Beach" in English by American and Australian soldiers during Vietnam. The ABC TV drama aired for four seasons, from 1988 to 1991. ... more on Wikipedia
5829Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Dana Delany, Michael Boatman, Robert Picardo
- Premiered: 1988
- Photo: uploaded by BojanglesChicago Hope is an American medical drama television series, created by David E. Kelley. It ran on CBS from September 18, 1994, to May 4, 2000. The series is set in a fictional private charity hospital in Chicago, Illinois. The show is set to return in the fall of 2013 on TVGN in reruns.... more on Wikipedia
4327Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Carla Gugino, Mark Harmon, Lauren Holly, Mandy Patinkin, Peter Berg
- Premiered: 1994
- Photo: NBCWatch for Free with Amazon Prime Free TrialFrasier (NBC, 1993) is an American sitcom television series created by David Angell, Peter Casey, and David Lee, and a spinoff of Cheers. After his divorce, psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane (Kelsey Grammer) returns to his Seattle hometown to live his bachelor life, but finds things hard when his father (John Mahoney) moves in.... more on Wikipedia
4025Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Kelsey Grammer, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce
- Premiered: 1993