The best '90s talk shows came in all shapes and sizes and played in vastly different arenas of subject matter. Some of the best 1990s talk shows were late-night sensations, while others gave everyone that was home during the day something to watch. This list of the best talk shows of the '90s has been voted on a ranked by your votes.
What are some the series TV fans can expect to find on this best 1990s talk shows list? Though The Oprah Winfrey Show debuted in 1986, Winfrey truly became the queen of talk in the 1990s. The show received 47 Emmy Awards and helped to make history, when future talk show host, Ellen DeGeneres, came out as a lesbian during a 1997 appearance. The View was another popular talk show that aired in the '90s. The Daily Show premiered with its original host, Craig Kilborn in 1996, but the show really hit its stride when Jon Stewart took over in 1999. Some other great series that are featured on this list include Entertainment Tonight, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and The O'Reilly Factor.
What are the best '90s talk shows? Did the shows you think were the best make this list? Vote up the 1990s talk shows you think are the best of the decade and see where the talk shows of the '90s you loved to watch rank.
- The Jenny Jones Show was an American syndicated daytime tabloid talk show that was hosted by comedian/actress/singer Jenny Jones. It was produced by Quincy Jones-David Salzman Entertainment and ...more
- Late-night talk show hosted by Johnny Carson, including guest interviews and musical performances.
- Maury is a syndicated American tabloid talk show hosted by Maury Povich. When the series first aired in 1991, the show was called The Maury Povich Show and was produced by MoPo Productions in ...more
- Ricki Lake is a daytime tabloid talk show hosted by American actress Ricki Lake. The series debuted in syndication on September 13, 1993 and ended first-run episodes on May 21, 2004, though the ...more
- The Arsenio Hall Show is an American late-night talk show created and hosted by Arsenio Hall. There are two separate programs that have been titled The Arsenio Hall Show, both airing in syndication. ...more
- Unforgettable true crime mysteries, exclusive newsmaker interviews and investigative reports.
- Interviews and comedy sketches.
- The comic interviews guests and introduces musical performances.
- The Jerry Springer Show, also known as Jerry Springer, or just Springer, is an American syndicated tabloid talk show hosted by Jerry Springer, a former politician. It is recorded at the Stamford ...more
- A cartoon superhero interacts with live guests via a television set.
- Rotating guest hosts take turns interviewing the biggest names in show business.
- Talk television segments.
- Oprah discusses topics with guests, before a studio audience.
- A humorous slant on top news stories.
- Entertainment Tonight, is a daily tabloid entertainment television news show that is syndicated by CBS Television Distribution throughout the United States, in Canada on Global, and in many countries ...more
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is an American late-night talk show hosted by Jay Leno that initially aired from May 25, 1992 to May 29, 2009, and resumed production on March 1, 2010 until its ending ...more
- Garry Shandling portrays a late-night talk-show host.
- Extra is an American entertainment television news program covering events and celebrities which debuted on September 5, 1994 in syndication. It was initially produced at Victory Studios in Glendale, ...more
- Up-to-the-minute news, weather, lifestyle and topical features.
- The Late Late Show is an American late-night television talk and variety show on CBS. It first aired in January 1995, with host Tom Snyder, followed by Craig Kilborn, Craig Ferguson and James Corden. ...more
- The Chevy Chase Show was an American late night talk show hosted by actor, comedian and Saturday Night Live alumnus Chevy Chase that aired in 1993 on Fox. The series was canceled after just five ...more
- The O'Reilly Factor, originally titled The O'Reilly Report from 1996 to 1998 and often called The Factor, is an American television talk show on the Fox News Channel hosted by political commentator ...more
- The latest national and international news.
- The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn is a comedy TV program.
- News interviews with distinguished national and foreign figures.