If you like to laugh and swoon at movies in equal measure, then you're exactly the type of person we want to vote for the best romantic comedies of the last decade. This list will give you a comprehensive look at all the rom coms to have been released between 2010 and today. Many of your favorites will certainly be on here, but you might also pick up a few decent recommendations for films you haven't yet seen.
Romantic comedies tend to be viewed as lightweight entertainment. Sometimes, they're just that -- and there's nothing wrong with it. Pictures like Home Again, The Back-Up Plan, and Set It Up are all fairly traditional examples. At the same time, several of the best rom coms of the 2010s play around with the formula, adding new elements or elevating the storytelling. The Big Sick, Silver Linings Playbook, and Crazy Rich Asians have all done this, to great acclaim.
Vote up the best romantic comedies of the 2010s from the list below, based on how much they touch your heart. And if there are some you think miss the mark, vote them down. We want the most romantic comedy movie to rise to the top.
- Prompted by her popular best friend to spill details of her boring weekend, Olive (Emma Stone), a clean-cut teen, decides to spice things up by telling a little lie about losing her virginity. When ...more
- Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is living the American dream. He has a good job, a beautiful house, great children and a beautiful wife, named Emily (Julianne Moore). Cal's seemingly perfect life unravels, ...more
- Jamie (Mila Kunis) is a New York-based executive recruiter who entices Dylan (Justin Timberlake), an art director from Los Angeles, to take a job at the New York office of GQ magazine. Finding that ...more
- Crazy Rich Asians is a 2018 American film directed by Jon M. Chu, based on the novel by Kevin Kwan. American-born Chinese economics professor Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) accompanies her boyfriend to ...more
- After losing his job and wife, and spending time in a mental institution, Pat Solatano (Bradley Cooper) winds up living with his parents (Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver). He wants to rebuild his life ...more
- A teenage girl's love letters are exposed and wreak havoc on her life.
- New York lawyer Carly Whitten (Cameron Diaz) lives by strict rules when it comes to romantic relationships, but when she falls for suave, handsome Mark King (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), she begins an ...more
- His heart recently broken, plastic surgeon Danny Maccabee (Adam Sandler) pretends to be married so he can enjoy future dates with no strings attached. His web of lies works, but when he meets Palmer ...more
- Lifelong friends Emma (Natalie Portman) and Adam (Ashton Kutcher) take their relationship to the next level by having sex. Afraid of ruining their friendship, the new lovers make a pact to keep ...more
- While visiting Verona, Italy, with her busy fiance, a young woman named Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) visits a wall where the heartbroken leave notes to Shakespeare's tragic heroine, Juliet Capulet. ...more
- Everyone deserves a great love story, but for 17-year-old Simon Spier, it's a little more complicated. He hasn't told his family or friends that he's gay, and he doesn't know the identity of the ...more
- Always Be My Maybe is a 2019 American comedy film directed by Nahnatchka Khan. Childhood friends Sasha (Ali Wong) and Marcus (Randall Park) find themselves in vastly different socioeconomic ...more
- A terrible plague has left the planet's population divided between zombies and humans. An unusual zombie named R (Nicholas Hoult) sees his walking-dead brethren attacking a living woman named Julie ...more
- Dragged down by the daily grind, suburbanites Phil (Steve Carell) and Claire (Tina Fey) try to invigorate their marriage by visiting a trendy Manhattan bistro. They get more than romance when ...more
- Set It Up is a 2018 romantic comedy film directed by Claire Scanlon. Coworkers hatch a plan to set up their bosses on a date.
- Abby Richter (Katherine Heigl) is a lovelorn TV producer who, despite a long and arduous search for the perfect mate, is hopelessly single. The battle of the sexes heats up when her employers team ...more
- Recently divorced mom Lauren (Drew Barrymore) and widowed dad Jim (Adam Sandler) let their friends push them into a blind date, which goes disastrously wrong. Unsurprisingly, neither wants to see the ...more
- CIA operatives FDR Foster (Chris Pine) and Tuck (Tom Hardy) are inseparable best friends and partners. Together, their good looks, covert abilities and combat skills rank them among the CIA's elite, ...more
- Kirk (Jay Baruchel), an average guy stuck in a dead-end job, can't believe his luck when a gorgeous, successful woman named Molly (Alice Eve) falls in love with him. With no help from his stunned ...more
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is a 2018 jukebox musical romantic comedy film directed by Ol Parker, and a sequel to the 2008 film. Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) learns more about how her mother fronted The ...more
- Frumpy high-school senior Bianca (Mae Whitman) has a rude awakening when she learns that her classmates secretly know her as the DUFF -- designated ugly fat friend -- to her prettier and more popular ...more
- Disillusioned with romance, Beth, an ambitious New Yorker (Kristen Bell), travels to Rome, where she plucks magic coins from a special fountain. The coins attract an assortment of odd suitors, ...more
- Handsome pharmaceutical salesman Jamie Randall (Jake Gyllenhaal) always has good luck with women. A chance encounter with Maggie Murdock (Anne Hathaway), a free-spirited Parkinson's patient, leads to ...more
- Rosie and Alex are best friends until Alex's family moves to America. They gamble everything to keep their love and friendship alive over the years and miles.
- Though Rachel (Ginnifer Goodwin) is a successful attorney and a loyal, generous friend, she is still single. After one drink too many at her 30th-birthday celebration, Rachel unexpectedly falls into ...more