It might be tough to vote for the best 80s football movies, considering you most likely haven't seen a lot of them! The 90s and 2000s had some great ones, but the 80s definitel wasn't known for football movies. That being said, do any of these football movie from the 80s win you over? Vote for your favorites below.
Everbody's All-American, a classic 1980s football movie, starring John Goodman and Dennis Quaid is definitely a great film. Could this love story be your favorite football movie of the 1980s?
Comic legendary Goldie Hawn is incomparable and will make any 80s football film top of the list. Of course we can't mention the greatest football movies of the 1980s without mentioning Wildcats.With so many to choose from, it's impossible to predict who you will vote for as your top football movies of the 80s.
- High-school quarterback Johnny Walker (Anthony Michael Hall) is being courted by elite colleges nationwide. To get the sports star to enroll, an army of recruiters entices him with everything a ...more
- Lucas (Corey Haim) is an unusually bright teenager whose nerdy looks and meek demeanor make him a favorite target for bullies. His life at school seems to improve when he befriends Maggie (Kerri ...more
- Molly McGrath (Goldie Hawn) is following her dreams when she quits her cushy girls track coaching position at Prescott High to become the boys football coach at inner-city Central High. Even though ...more
- Stefan Djordjevic (Tom Cruise), the star player of his high school football team, is desperately hoping that his football talents will earn him a scholarship -- his only chance to get out of his ...more
- Married banker Jack Dundee (Robin Williams) has lived his life regretting a botched play he made in a high school football game. His friend Reno Hightower (Kurt Russell), who threw the pass that Jack ...more
- Life goes downhill for a 1950s Sugar Bowl star (Dennis Quaid) and his Magnolia Queen wife (Jessica Lange).
- The Bear is a 1984 biopic starring Gary Busey and Jon-Erik Hexum. The film was written by Michael Kane, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, and produced by James A. Hearn and Larry G. Spangler.
- Having been cut from his professional football team, down-and-out athlete Terry Brogan (Jeff Bridges) is in desperate need of money. Crooked nightclub owner and bookie Jake Wise (James Woods) offers ...more
- Although NASA scientists are claiming the unexpected eclipse and strange "hot hail" are nothing to worry about, Dr. Hans Zarkov (Topol) knows better, and takes football star Flash Gordon (Sam Jones) ...more
- Fighting Back: The Rocky Bleier Story is a 1980 made-for-television movie about the life of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Rocky Bleier, starring Robert Urich. It was released on 7 December ...more
- Coach of the Year is a 1980 American TV film about a paraplegic coach, starring Robert Conrad, Erin Gray, Red West and Daphne Reid.
- Quarterback Princess is a 1983 fact-based drama film by 20th Century Fox that chronicles the courage and determination of a teenage girl who struggles against sexism and fights to play on her high ...more
- Laurie was once a popular ball player on the Australian Rules football circuit; but now he's an ineffective coach who tries to spark a mediocre football team into winning the championship.
- Grambling's White Tiger is a 1981 TV movie about the true story of Jim Gregory the first white quarterback at Grambling College, a historically black college in 1962. The movie covers Gregory's ...more