The 80s were a great time for movies in general, but they really kicked it up a notch on the Lifetime Network. These are the best 1980s Lifetime movies, ranked from best to worst by fan votes. Lifetime Movies are notoriously dramatic, and these films certainly deliver on that promise. Some top 1980s Lifetime movies revolve around an unsolved murder, some are about relationship drama and domestic abuse, but the best movies on this list are obviously about all three.
What Lifetime Network movies are on this list? The 1986 Lifetime movie, Sin of Innocence, examined what happens when step-siblings fall in love. Dermot Mulroney and Megan Follows starred as the young love birds. The Burning Bed is another one of the best movies that premiered on the channel in the 1980s. Farrah Fawcett starred as a woman who gets revenge on her would-be rapist in the 1986 Lifetime movie, Extremities. Which, what else do you really need to know? These are some movies you should watch right away.
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation License1
The Burning Bed51434Is this one of the best?
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)2
A Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman StoryA Cry for Help: The Tracey Thurman Story is a 1989 NBC TV-movie based on the 1985 ruling Thurman v. City of Torrington. The film stars Nancy McKeon as Tracey; Dale Midkiff as Buck; and Bruce Weitz as Tracey's lawyer, Burton Weinstein.... more
51942Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Nancy McKeon, Graham Jarvis, Dale Midkiff
- Released: 1989
- Directed by: Robert Markowitz
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)Small Sacrifices is a 1989 American made-for-TV movie written by Joyce Eliason and based on the best-selling true crime book by Ann Rule of the same name. The film is about Diane Downs and the murder and attempted murder of her three children. It stars Farrah Fawcett, Ryan O'Neal, Gordon Clapp, John Shea and Emily Perkins. The film premiered on ABC on 12 November 1989.... more
36030Is this one of the best?
- Actors: Farrah Fawcett, Ryan O'Neal, Emily Perkins, Garry Chalk, John Shea
- Released: 1989
- Directed by: David Greene
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BY4
Extremities18941Is this one of the best?