The subscription streaming service Acorn TV has distinguished itself by not only producing original content but by being the first place the best new British dramas premiere in the US. It's not only favorite British series that are available on Acorn TV, but the channel also offers programs from Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Spain. What original and new series are on Acorn TV right now? Check out these Acorn TV shows and acquisitions that are sure to satisfy any fan of dramas, mysteries, and other favorites from across the pond (and down under).
Thanks to having a parent company that also has an interest in the Agatha Christie estate, Acorn TV has shown US premieres of shows such as The Witness for the Prosecution and the last episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot. They also have worked with the BBC, ITV, RTÉ One, and the Australian Broadcasting Company to provide first US distribution of shows such as Manhunt, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, and Striking Out. Acorn TV original series include more British mystery shows such as Queens of Mystery and Agatha Raisin.
Dozens of Acorn TV exclusive shows are available for under $6 a month. Which current Acorn TV shows are your favorite? Make your voice heard and vote thumbs up or down on all the Acorn TV shows below.
- 6211This series is a British detective drama television series set during and shortly after WWII,... more
- 578This is a British television detective drama that has aired on ITV since 1997. The show is... more
Keeping FaithEve Myles, Mark Lewis Jones
Keeping Faith (Acorn TV, 2018) is a British dramatic mystery thriller television series. Small-town Welsh lawyer Faith (Eve Myles) must cut short her extended maternity leave when her husband and business partner, Evan, goes missing and, as the truth of his actions surface, Faith must fight to protect her family and her sanity.
- 5214Vera is a British detective television series based on the works of crime author Ann Cleeves.... more
Miss Fisher's Murder MysteriesEssie Davis, Nathan PageMiss Fisher's Murder Mysteries is an Australian television drama series. It was first... more
800 WordsErik Thomson, Melina Vidler800 Words (Seven Network, 2015), stylised as "800 words", is an Australian–New Zealand... more
The Brokenwood MysteriesNeill Rea, Fern SutherlandThe Brokenwood Mysteries (Prime, 2014) is a New Zealand detective and drama television series.... more
- 265Agatha Christie's Poirot is a British television drama that aired on ITV from 8 January 1989... more
- 276Queens of Mystery (Acorn TV, 2019) is a British comedy-drama murder-mystery television series.... more
- 277The Loch (ITV, 2017) is a British television drama miniseries, created by screenwriter Stephen... more
- 289Murdoch Mysteries (Citytv, 2008) is a Canadian television drama series based on characters... more
- 268Detectorists (BBC Four, 2014) is a British single-camera television comedy series created by... more
Mystery RoadAaron Pedersen, Judy Davis
Mystery Road (Australian Broadcasting Company, 2018) is an Australian television drama series. Detective Jay Swan (Aaron Pedersen) is assigned to investigate a mysterious disappearance on an outback cattle station, but his investigation uncovers a past injustice that threatens the fabric of the whole community.
- 235Inspector George Gently is a British television series produced by Company Pictures for BBC... more
Acceptable RiskElaine Cassidy, Morten Suurballe
Acceptable Risk (Acorn TV, 2017) is a British dramatic thriller television series. When Sarah Manning's (Elaine Cassidy) husband is slain she realizes she knows nothing about his past and begins to investigate who he really was and what work he did for a powerful global organization.
- 214Jack Irish (ABC1, 2012) is an Australian television drama series. Jack Irish (Guy Pearce) is... more
- 259Ms Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries (Seven, 2019), also stylised as Ms Fisher's MODern Murder... more
Striking OutAmy Huberman, Rory Keenan
Striking Out (RTÉ, 2017) is an Irish television legal drama television series. When Dublin-based solicitor Tara Rafferty (Amy Huberman) discovers her fiancé and fellow solicitor Eric has been cheating with a colleague, she leaves him and their prestigious law firm to set up her own practice specializing in family and divorce law.
- 217No Offence (Channel 4, 2015) is a British television police procedural drama television... more
Agatha RaisinAshley Jensen, Katy WixAgatha Raisin is a British comedy-drama television series based on the novel of the same name... more
DeliciousIain Glen, Dawn French
Delicious (Sky 1, 2016) is a British television drama television series. Set in Cornwall, England, celebrity chef Leo (Iain Glen) is married but having an affair with his first wife, a talented cook from whom he stole many of his recipes and cheated on for years.
- 130The Level (ITV, 2016) is a six-part British crime drama that focuses on DS Nancy Devlin (Karla... more
Partners in CrimeJessica Raine, David Walliams
Partners in Crime (BBC, 2015) is a British drama television series based on the Agatha Christie Tommy and Tuppence detective novels. Crime-fighting duo, Tommy (David Walliams) and Tuppence (Jessica Raine) Beresford, solve mysteries and search for enemy spies in 1950s Britain.
- 20Straight Forward (Acorn, 2019) is a New Zealand-Danish crime thriller television series. After... more
- 10The South Westerlies (Acorn TV, 2020) is an Irish drama series created by Catherine Maher. The... more