The Best Musicals by Andrew Lloyd Webber
The best Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals can transport audiences to another place and time, as they follow along with the thrilling musical performances. Let’s face it - Andrew Lloyd Webber has made a career out of putting on brilliantly composed musicals and plays for decades. He’s got the musical down pat.
Many on this list of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals will inspire you to sing along and revel in the show’s gloriousness. What if you had to choose just one of these musicals as your all-time favorite? Could you do it? Sure, some shows would be easier to toss out of the running than others, but what about the behemoths of Cats, Phantom of the Opera, or Evita? Now throw in Sunset Boulevard, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Jesus Christ Superstar – impossible, right?
Rank your top Andrew Lloyd Webber plays and musicals here by up voting your favorites. And - if you really want to have your say - go ahead and rerank your own Andrew Lloyd Webber musical list. Enjoy the videos, sing along as you vote, and wait for his next masterpiece to hit London’s West End or Broadway.
- The Phantom of the Opera is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Charles Hart. Richard Stilgoe and Lloyd Webber wrote the musical's book together. Stilgoe also provided ...more
- Evita is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. It concentrates on the life of Argentine political leader Eva Perón, the second wife of Argentine president Juan Perón. ...more
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a 1970 rock opera or rock musical, with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. The musical started as a rock opera concept album before its first staging on ...more
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is a musical or operetta with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. The story is based on the "coat of many colors" story of Joseph from ...more
- Sunset Boulevard is a musical with book and lyrics by Don Black and Christopher Hampton, and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Based on Billy Wilder's Academy Award-winning 1950 film of the same title, ...more
- 6Cats is a musical composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot, and produced by Cameron Mackintosh. The musical tells the story of a tribe of cats ...more