The best Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals can transport audiences to another place and time, as they follow along with the thrilling musical performances. Let’s face it - Andrew Lloyd Webber has made a career out of putting on brilliantly composed musicals and plays for decades. He’s got the musical down pat.
Many on this list of Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals will inspire you to sing along and revel in the show’s gloriousness. What if you had to choose just one of these musicals as your all-time favorite? Could you do it? Sure, some shows would be easier to toss out of the running than others, but what about the behemoths of Cats, Phantom of the Opera, or Evita? Now throw in Sunset Boulevard, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Jesus Christ Superstar – impossible, right?
Rank your top Andrew Lloyd Webber plays and musicals here by up voting your favorites. And - if you really want to have your say - go ahead and rerank your own Andrew Lloyd Webber musical list. Enjoy the videos, sing along as you vote, and wait for his next masterpiece to hit London’s West End or Broadway.
- The Phantom of the Opera is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Charles Hart. Richard Stilgoe and Lloyd Webber wrote the musical's book together. Stilgoe also provided ...more
- Jesus Christ Superstar is a 1970 rock opera or rock musical, with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. The musical started as a rock opera concept album before its first staging on ...more
- Evita is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Tim Rice. It concentrates on the life of Argentine political leader Eva Perón, the second wife of Argentine president Juan Perón. ...more
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is a musical or operetta with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. The story is based on the "coat of many colors" story of Joseph from ...more
- Cats is a musical composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot, and produced by Cameron Mackintosh. The musical tells the story of a tribe of cats ...more
- Sunset Boulevard is a musical with book and lyrics by Don Black and Christopher Hampton, and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. Based on Billy Wilder's Academy Award-winning 1950 film of the same title, ...more
- School of Rock is a rock musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Glenn Slater and a book by Julian Fellowes. Based on the 2003 film of the same name, with a screenplay by Mike White, the ...more
- Starlight Express is a rock musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Richard Stilgoe and Arlene Phillips, with revisions by Don Black, David Yazbek and Alistair Lloyd Webber & Nick Coler. The story follows a ...more
- Love Never Dies is a 2010 theater production of the play by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Ben Elton.
- Aspects of Love is a musical with a book and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Don Black and Charles Hart. It is famous for the song "Love Changes Everything." Based on the novella of the ...more
- Tell Me on a Sunday is a musical with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and lyrics by Don Black. A one-act song cycle, it tells the story of an ordinary English girl from Muswell Hill, who journeys to the ...more
- Whistle Down the Wind may refer to: ...more
- By Jeeves, originally Jeeves, is a 1975/1996 musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Alan Ayckbourn, based on the novels of P. G. Wodehouse. Jeeves is the original 1975 version, which opened on 22 April ...more
- Song and Dance is a musical comprising two acts, one told entirely in "Song" and one entirely in "Dance", tied together by a love story. The first part is Tell Me on a Sunday, with lyrics by Don ...more
- Stephen Ward the Musical is a musical by Don Black and Christopher Hampton. ...more
- Cricket, also called Cricket (Hearts and Wickets), is a short musical written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice. It was commissioned for Queen Elizabeth's 60th birthday celebration, and was first ...more
- The Likes of Us is a musical with lyrics by Tim Rice and music by Andrew Lloyd Webber. The original book was by Leslie Thomas. It is based on the true story of Thomas John Barnardo, a philanthropist ...more