Falling in Reverse once asked, "so why do good girls like bad guys?" The pop-punk band's question missed the mark by a little - people of all genders and qualities love bad boys - particularly when they're anime characters.
Some anime bad boys are relatively harmless, but give off an aura of danger and mystique - either that or they aren't mysterious at all, but use anger and aggression to hide their deeper insecurities. A few aren't even "bad" per se - they're just rockin' that wild aesthetic. Meanwhile, some of them are actually villainous - which is exactly what makes them so compelling. They're sexy, they don't play by the rules, and they're layered. Often, these characters have excellent motivations for their less-than-ideal behavior - but even when they don't, viewers still want to know what makes them tick.
Which of these characters is the best anime bad boy? That's up to you. Vote up your faves to let your voice be heard.
- 13,879 VOTESPhoto: Fruits Basket / TMS Entertainment
- 22,929 VOTESPhoto: Free! / Kyoto Animation
- 32,473 VOTESPhoto: My Little Monster / Brain's Base
- 43,617 VOTESPhoto: Black Butler / A-1 Pictures
- 53,553 VOTESPhoto: Naruto / Studio Pierrot
- 62,371 VOTESPhoto: Durarara! / Brain's Base