Looking for more anime like Gantz? On the darker side of anime there are very specific series that are sure to wrench your gut. Gantz is certainly one of those series, as we follow the story of Kei Kurono whose death has lead him to a horrific game that certainly could be akin to hell itself. If you're a fan of more horror, gore, or thriller elements in your shows, these Gantz recommendations will surely provide you with your next great anime to watch.
Shows like Future Diary or Deadman Wonderland are great Gantz recommendations and have much of the same elements put into play. Main characters are thrown into a horrific situation where it's life or death; at least Kei was already dead, but reliving your demise sounds like a horrible way to spend the afterlife. These characters could probably agree as they fight to survive and witness some of the most traumatic instances never before thought possible. But there is a spectrum to a series like Gantz where characters are often trapped with no way out. Sword Art Online is a great example of a key element being used while not being incredibly violent.
Vote up the best anime like Gantz you'd most recommend to other fans of this incredible series!
- 1Parasyte: The Maxim (Madhouse, 2014) is a Japanese sci-fi horror anime series based on the... more on Wikipedia7814
- 3Btooom! is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Junya Inoue. An anime adaptation... more on Wikipedia6916
- 4Deadman Wonderland is a manga series written by Jinsei Kataoka and illustrated by Kazuma... more on Wikipedia
- 5Attack on Titan (Wit Studio, 2013) is a Japanese fantasy anime television series adapted from... more on Wikipedia6825
- 6Elfen Lied is a 2002 Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Lynn Okamoto. Rejected... more on Wikipedia4913
- 7Death Note (Madhouse, 2006) is a Japanese supernatural thriller anime series based on the... more on Wikipedia5923
- 8Future Diary (Asread, 2011), also known as The Future Diary or Mirai Nikki, is a Japanese... more on Wikipedia5421
- 9Psycho-Pass (Production I.G, 2012) is a Japanese sci-fi anime series. Policewoman Akane... more on Wikipedia4110
- 10Terra Formars is a 2011 Japanese manga series written by Yū Sasuga and illustrated by... more on Wikipedia
- 11Claymore is a dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi. The series... more on Wikipedia296
- 12Akame ga Kill! (White Fox, 2014) is a Japanese action anime series based on the manga by... more on Wikipedia3012
- 13Black Lagoon is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Rei Hiroe. It has been... more on Wikipedia2911
- 1426 years ago, in a third-year classroom of a middle school, there was a student named Misaki.... more on Wikipedia2613
- 15Higurashi: When They Cry, known simply as When They Cry for the North American release of the... more on Wikipedia
- 16Bokurano: Ours is a Japanese science fiction manga by Mohiro Kitoh that was serialized in the... more on Wikipedia
- 19Angel Beats! (P.A. Works, 2010) is a Japanese supernatural anime series. In a realm within the... more on Wikipedia1312
- 20Red Garden is a Japanese animated television series produced by Gonzo studios and broadcast in... more on Wikipedia
- 22Devil Survivor 2: The Animation is a 2013 Japanese anime series based on the Nintendo DS video... more on Wikipedia
- 23Tokko is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tohru Fujisawa. It was serialized... more on Wikipedia44
- 24Speed Grapher is a 2005 anime series created by Gonzo. The series ran for 24 episodes from... more on Wikipedia
- 25Bus Gamer is a short-lived Japanese manga series created by Kazuya Minekura. It only exists as... more on Wikipedia