Even if you're not that big of an anime fan, Initial D is perfect for anyone who's simply in love with cars. Following the story of Takumi Fujiwara, who's lived his entire life surrounded by cars but never knowing a thing about them, we go on a story all about the power a fast car can hold. With such a great storyline, it's easy to speed through this series, so if you're looking for more fast cars and compelling characters, we've got you covered with these Initial D recommendations.
What are the best anime like Initial D? Series like Wangan Midnight have everything to do with street racing while shows like Two Car and Capeta show us there's a lot of fast vehicles that aren't just cars; motorcycles and racing carts count too don't they? And if you need a break from the automobile lane, we've got great alternatives that still have plenty of the great story elements you loved from Initial D placed in a new setting. Kuroko's Basketball and Food Wars are both great Initial D recommendations about the spirit of competition and the importance of hobbies, filled with compelling characters that you'll definitely want to follow.
We've picked the perfect recommendations list for anime series like Initial D, so don't forget to vote up your favorites!
- Wangan Midnight is a racing game developed by Genki for the PlayStation 3. It is based on the Award winning Japanese comic of the same name created by Michiharu Kusunoki back in 1992. The Wangan ...more
- Redline is a 2009 science fiction auto racing anime film produced by Madhouse and released in Japan on October 9, 2010. The directorial debut feature of Takeshi Koike, it features the voices of ...more
- Capeta is a Japanese sports manga and anime about kart racing by Masahito Soda. The manga won the Kodansha Manga Award for shōnen in 2005. The series consists of three separate arcs. The first is ...more
- éX-Driver is an anime series, designed by Kōsuke Fujishima and produced by Bandai Visual and Actas. The anime series spanned 6 episodes, as well as a feature movie, entitled éX-Driver: The Movie. The ...more
- Hajime no Ippo (Nippon TV, 2000) is a Japanese action sports anime series based on the manga by George Morikawa from Madhouse animation studio. Makunouchi Ippo, a high school student, begins his ...more
- Future GPX Cyber Formula is a 37-episode anime television series by Sunrise. It originally aired in Japan between March 15, 1991 and December 20, 1991. Directed by Mitsuo Fukuda, Cyber Formula is a ...more
- One Outs is a Japanese baseball manga series by Shinobu Kaitani originally serialized in the seinen manga magazine Business Jump from 1998 to 2006. It was relaunched in Business Jump on October 1, ...more
- Air Gear is a shōnen manga written and illustrated by Ito "Oh Great" Ōgure. Air Gear revolves around the life of Itsuki Minami "Ikki or Crow", also known as "Baby Face", "Lil Crow", and his friends. ...more
- Onada Sakamichi finds himself joining a bicycle racing team at school.
- The Prince of Tennis (TV Tokyo, 2001) is a coming-of-age sports anime series based on the manga by Takeshi Konomi from Production I.G and Nihon Ad Systems animation studios. A 12-year-old tennis ...more
- Soma Yukihira battles some of the world's best chefs to prove himself and refine his skills.
- Dear Boys (also known as Hoop Days) is a sports manga by Hiroki Yagami and 2003 shōnen anime series. The Mizuho High School basketball team, including Kazuhiko Aikawa and Takumi Fujiwara, ...more
- Kaiji Itou is an unlucky layabout who becomes entangled in the deadly world of high-stakes gambling.
- Taught by an ancient spirit, a boy excels at the game Go.
- Chihaya takes on the dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player.