Looking for more anime like Kids on the Slope? Moving around can be pretty difficult if you're just a regular kid trying to grow up. For Kaoru, it's always been difficult to settle down and really make friends when he's constantly having to pick up and leave anyway. When he meets the school delinquent, everything changes as he's suddenly thrust into the world of jazz and its incredible ability to free him of his burdens. As a beautiful anime about how the passion of music can create friendships and offer anyone genuine release, Kids on the Slope is a fantastic story that reminds us all to enjoy life just a little bit more. For that reason, let's take a look at similar anime that fans of Kids on the Slope will love.
There are plenty of great music-oriented anime series out there that we've added to our list of recommendations for Kids on the Slope. Choices like Your Lie in April or K-On! are very classic choices that show just how important music is for some people's soul. However, if you're looking for something that's a little more varied in its storyline, we've also included shows like Blue Spring Ride and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, both of which have everything to do with friendship and love.
If you're looking for anime like Kids on the Slope, you've come to the right place. Let the world know which anime you'd most recommend to others by voting them up!
- Nana is a Japanese josei manga series written and illustrated by Ai Yazawa, serialized in Cookie published by Shueisha. The manga derives its title from the name of the two main characters, both of ...more
- Slice of Life, SupernaturalMenma's friends reunite five years after her death to help her remember and fulfil a wish so she can pass into the afterlife. ...more
- Drama, MusicPiano prodigy Kousei Arima had a mental breakdown after his mother died, and now he cannot hear his piano and sees the world in monochrome. With the help of his friends he begins to overcome his ...more
- Samurai Champloo (Manglobe, 2004), often stylized as SAMURAI CHAMPLOO, is a Japanese action anime series. Fuu, a waitress who works in a teahouse, rescues two master swordsmen, Mugen and Jin, from ...more
Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea
- Childhood friends Futaba and Ko Tanaka unexpectedly meet again in high school. ...more
- Tsuki ga Kirei ("as the moon, so beautiful.") is a 2017 romance anime series. During their third year at junior high school, Kotaro Azumi, Akane Mizuno, and their classmates relate to their peers ...more
The Perfect World of KaiPiano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kai is an ongoing manga by Makoto Isshiki, about Shuhei Amamiya, who transfers to Moriwaki Elementary filled with hope and ambition about his new life. But it ...more
- Drama, RomanceChihayafuru (Madhouse, 2011) is a Japanese sports anime series based on the manga by Yuki Suetsugu. After befriending a boy named Arata, a talented karuta player, Chihaya takes on a new dream of ...more
- At a top music academy in Japan, Shinichi Chiaki's arrogance is matched only by his top-notch piano playing. But when Chiaki and the teacher get into a fight, he's demoted to the reject class. Chiaki ...more
- Tari Tari is a 13-episode 2012 Japanese anime television series produced by P.A.Works and directed by Masakazu Hashimoto. The series aired in Japan between July 1 and September 23, 2012 on TV ...more
- 5 Centimeters Per Second is a 2007 Japanese animated feature film by Makoto Shinkai. The film was finished on 22 January 2007. The first part of the film was released on Yahoo! Japan as streaming ...more
Clannad: After Story
Hanasaku IrohaOhana goes to live with her grandmother, who owns an inn. Ohana is made to work at the inn, where customers always come first. She struggles to find her place and fit in.
- Honey and Clover is a Japanese romance film directed by Masahiro Takada. ...more
- The quirky members of a high school brass band struggle to master their instruments under the tutelage of a new supervisor. ...more
- An ex-yakuza member becomes the apprentice to a practitioner of comedic storytelling. ...more
- From Up on Poppy Hill is a 2011 Japanese animated drama film directed by Gorō Miyazaki, based on the 1980 serialized Japanese comic of the same name illustrated by Chizuru Takahashi and written by ...more
Eiga K-On!K-On! is an animated comedy film directed by Naoko Yamada.
Ping Pong the Animation
- The life of Yugo Hachiken, a student enrolled into Yezo to flee his strict father. ...more
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, is a Japanese manga series written by George Abe and illustrated by Masasumi Kakizaki. It began serialization in 2003 in Shogakukan Publishing's Weekly Young ...more