Looking for more anime like Kids on the Slope? Moving around can be pretty difficult if you're just a regular kid trying to grow up. For Kaoru, it's always been difficult to settle down and really make friends when he's constantly having to pick up and leave anyway. When he meets the school delinquent, everything changes as he's suddenly thrust into the world of jazz and its incredible ability to free him of his burdens. As a beautiful anime about how the passion of music can create friendships and offer anyone genuine release, Kids on the Slope is a fantastic story that reminds us all to enjoy life just a little bit more. For that reason, let's take a look at similar anime that fans of Kids on the Slope will love.
There are plenty of great music-oriented anime series out there that we've added to our list of recommendations for Kids on the Slope. Choices like Your Lie in April or K-On! are very classic choices that show just how important music is for some people's soul. However, if you're looking for something that's a little more varied in its storyline, we've also included shows like Blue Spring Ride and Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day, both of which have everything to do with friendship and love.
If you're looking for anime like Kids on the Slope, you've come to the right place. Let the world know which anime you'd most recommend to others by voting them up!
- 397Your Lie in April (A-1 Pictures, 2014) is a Japanese music drama anime series based on the manga by Naoshi Arakawa. A piano prodigy who lost his ability to play after suffering a traumatic event in... more
- 4010Tsuki ga Kirei ("as the moon, so beautiful.") is a 2017 romance anime series. During their third year at junior high school, Kotaro Azumi, Akane Mizuno, and their classmates relate to their peers... more
Hanasaku IrohaHanasaku Iroha, or Hanairo for short, is a Japanese 26-episode anime television series produced by P.A.Works and directed by Masahiro Ando. The screenplay was written by Mari Okada, with original... more
- 162Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day (A-1 Pictures, 2011), also known simply as Anohana, is a Japanese drama anime series. Five childhood companions reunite when the ghost of their dead friends... more
- 5 Centimeters Per Second is a 2007 Japanese animated feature film by Makoto Shinkai. The film was finished on 22 January 2007. The first part of the film was released on Yahoo! Japan as streaming... more
- 152Nana is a Japanese josei manga series written and illustrated by Ai Yazawa, serialized in Cookie published by Shueisha. The manga derives its title from the name of the two main characters, both of... more
- Yoshioka Futaba has a few reasons why she wants to "reset" her image & life as a new high school student. Because she's cute, she was ostracized by her female friends in junior high, and because of a... more
- At a top music academy in Japan, Shinichi Chiaki's arrogance is matched only by his top-notch piano playing. But when Chiaki and the teacher get into a fight, he's demoted to the reject class. Chiaki... more
- 103Tari Tari is a 13-episode 2012 Japanese anime television series produced by P.A.Works and directed by Masakazu Hashimoto. The series aired in Japan between July 1 and September 23, 2012 on TV... more
Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea
- 149Chihayafuru (Madhouse, 2011) is a Japanese sports anime series based on the manga by Yuki Suetsugu. After befriending a boy named Arata, a talented karuta player, Chihaya takes on a new dream of... more
- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubō no Shichinin, is a Japanese manga series written by George Abe and illustrated by Masasumi Kakizaki. It began serialization in 2003 in Shogakukan Publishing's Weekly Young... more
- 104Samurai Champloo (Manglobe, 2004), often stylized as SAMURAI CHAMPLOO, is a Japanese action anime series. Fuu, a waitress who works in a teahouse, rescues two master swordsmen, Mugen and Jin, from... more
- Tsuritama, sometimes written as tsuritama, is a Japanese anime television series that aired in spring 2012 season. It premiered on April 12, 2012 and ended on June 28, 2012. The anime has been... more
- Natsuyuki Rendezvous is a 2012 anime television series.... more
The Perfect World of KaiPiano no Mori: The Perfect World of Kai is an ongoing manga by Makoto Isshiki, about Shuhei Amamiya, who transfers to Moriwaki Elementary filled with hope and ambition about his new life. But it... more
- From Up on Poppy Hill is a 2011 Japanese animated drama film directed by Gorō Miyazaki, based on the 1980 serialized Japanese comic of the same name illustrated by Chizuru Takahashi and written by... more
- Honey and Clover is a Japanese romance film directed by Masahiro Takada.... more
Clannad: After Story
- 64Cowboy Bebop (Sunrise, 1998) is a Japanese sci-fi anime series. Set in the year 2071, it follow the adventures and tragedies of a bounty hunter crew traveling in their spaceship called the Bebop.... more
- Sound! Euphonium (aka Hibike! Yufoniamu) is a Japanese novel series by Ayano Takeda, manga adaptation, and 2015 anime series. In Uji, Kyoto, the Kitauji High School Music Club is steadily improving... more