Need some Neon Genesis Evangelion anime recommendations? Since it's such an influential series, let's rank the best anime like Neon Genesis Evangeleon, with the help of your votes. These are anime that are similar to Neon Genesis in terms of being in the mecha genre, having similar protagonists, and more.
Eureka Seven is a good anime that's similar to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Like Shinji Ikari, protagonist Renton Thurston is only a teenager when he begins piloting a mecha. Other good anime recommendations for fans of Neon Genesis Evangelion are Gurren Lagann, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and the Netflix series Knights of Sidonia.
What should you watch after finishing Neon Genesis? Find some great picks on the list below, and don't forget to vote up the anime you'd recommend to other Neon Genesis fans.
- Akira is a 1988 Japanese animated cyberpunk action film directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, written by Otomo and Izo Hashimoto, and featuring the voices of Mitsuo Iwata, Nozomu Sasaki, Mami Koyama, and Taro ...more
- An adolescent girl develops a unique connection to a virtual reality network known as The Wired.
- RahXephon (2002, G4) is a romance, mecha anime created and directed by Yutaka Izubuchi. The series follows 17-year-old Ayato Kamina, his ability to control a mecha known as the RahXephon, and his ...more
- Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, often referred to as simply Code Geass, is a Japanese anime series created by Sunrise, directed by Gorō Taniguchi, and written by Ichirō Ōkouchi, ...more
- Revolutionary Girl Utena is a manga by Chiho Saito and an anime directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara. The anime and manga were created simultaneously, but, despite some similarities, they progressed in ...more
- Two teenagers take in a mutant who girl who has lost her memories.
- FLCL (Cartoon Network, 2000), also known as Fooly Cooly, is a Japanese sci-fi anime OVA series from Gainax Production animation studios. 11-year-old Naota Nandaba's suburban life is disturbed by the ...more
- Robots and humans coexist in harmony after an apocalypse.
- A sensitive demon-boy is led into a brutal, degenerate war against evil by his mysterious friend.
- A girl is offered a wish in return for a commitment to battle witches.
- An average 14-year-old boy soon finds himself caught up in a war fought between his loved ones.
- The peace of an underground community is disrupted when a robot crashes into the village.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED (JNN, 2002) is a Japanese action sci-fi mecha anime series from Sunrise animation studio and the 9th installment in the Gundam franchise. Coordinator Kira Yamato becomes ...more
- Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water is a Japanese animated television series inspired by the works of Jules Verne, particularly Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea and the exploits of Captain Nemo. The ...more
- Penguindrum, known in Japan as Mawaru Penguindrum is a 2011 Japanese anime series produced by Brain's Base. The series is directed and co-written by Kunihiko Ikuhara and was broadcast in Japan from ...more
- A thousand years after humans flee from Earth, Sidonia defends against alien monsters called Gauna.
- Misaki tries to cure Satou of his acute social withdrawal.
- Future Diary (Asread, 2011), also known as The Future Diary or Mirai Nikki, is a Japanese supernatural thriller anime series based on the manga by Sakae Esuno. A young man competes with people around ...more
- Three friends join the Survey Corps to try to take their world back from the Titans.
- A 17-year-old boy accidentally obtains a rare and great power.
- Freezing (A-TX, 2011) is a Japanese sci-fi anime television series based on the manga by Dall-Young Lim and illustrated by Kwang-Hyun Kim from A.C.G.T. animation studio. Genetically modified fighting ...more
- Gunbuster, known in Japan as Aim for the Top!, is a six episode anime OVA series created by Gainax in 1988. It was the directorial debut of Hideaki Anno, best known as the director of Neon Genesis ...more