No one really enjoys stumbling upon your sibling's more personal items, but it looks like that couldn't exactly be avoided in Kyousuke's case. After finding his seemingly perfect sister's collection of adult games, her reputation is at stake, which throws him into the world of eroge gaming. A humorous series about siblings, this series has a strange way of making your sides ache from laughter.
If you're looking for more series like this, we've got you covered with plenty of recommendations for Oreimo. Shows that portray flawed, but adorable, young women like Haganai are a perfect place to start; a club for misfits is formed after they realize that barely any of them have one real friend to their name. There are also series like WataMote that seem to get a little too real about what it's like living the otaku life. Find out if you have anything in common with these characters by adding these titles to your watch list!
If you're ready for comedy, check out our list of anime like Oreimo and vote up to let us know which ones were your favorite.
- Haganai (short for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, literally "I Don't Have Many Friends"), is a Japanese light novel series written by Yomi Hirasaka, illustrated by Buriki, and 2011 anime series.... more
- Toradora! (J.C.Staff, 2008) is a Japanese romantic comedy anime series based on the light novel series by Yuyuko Takemiya, with illustrations by Yasu. Menacing in appearance but gentle at heart,... more
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! (Netflix, 2012) is a Japanese anime series based on the light novel series by Torako. High schooler Yuta wants to leave his past as a delusional weirdo behind.... more
- Mayo Chiki! is a Japanese light novel series written by Hajime Asano and illustrated by Seiji Kikuchi. An anime television series adaptation by Feel aired in Japan between July 7 and September 29,... more
- The Pet Girl of Sakurasou is a 24-episode anime TV series adaptation directed by Atsuko Ishizuka.... more
- OniAi, is a Japanese light novel series written by Daisuke Suzuki, with illustrations by Gekka Urū. An anime adaptation by Silver Link aired in Japan from October 5 to December 21, 2012. After 6... more
- The World God Only Knows, abbreviated as Kaminomi, is a Japanese manga series written and illustrated by Tamiki Wakaki. The manga has been serialized in the Weekly Shōnen Sunday magazine by... more
- Sword Art Online (A-1 Pictures, 2012) is a Japanese fantasy anime series based on the light novel series written by Reki Kawahara and illustrated by abec. In the year 2022, thousands of people get... more
- Himouto! Umaru-chan (ABC, 2015) is a Japanese comedy anime series from Doga Kobo animation studio. Umaru Doma is a high school girl who lives with her older brother Taihei who at school, appears to... more
- Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!, known in Japan as Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai!, also known as PapaKiki! for short, is a Japanese light novel series written by Tomohiro Matsu and illustrated by... more
- I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother! is a Japanese seinen manga series written and illustrated by Kouichi Kusano which began serialization on Futabasha's Web Comic High! service from August 2008. It... more
- Nisemonogatari is a 2012 anime television series directed by Akiyuki Shinbo.... more