Need some Serial Experiments Lain anime recommendations? Since this cyberpunk anime is fairly unique, let's rank the best anime like Serial Experiments Lain, with the help of your votes. These are anime that are similar to Serial Experiments Lain in terms of tone, genre, characters, and more.
Akira is a good anime that's similar to Serial Experiments Lain. Akira take places in a dystopian cyberpunk future where the protagonist gains telekinetic powers. Other good anime recommendations for fans of Serial Experiments Lain are Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, and Perfect Blue, the Satoshi Kon psychological horror film about a pop idol who begins to lose touch with reality.
What should you watch after finishing Serial Experiments Lain? Find some great picks on the list below, and don't forget to vote up the anime you'd recommend to other Serial Experiments Lain fans. You can't go wrong with most sci-fi and cyberpunk anime if you want more like Serial Experiments Lain, but just because they share a theme doesn't necessarily mean they're the same.
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (Gainax, 1995), commonly referred to as Evangelion or Eva, is a Japanese mecha anime series. When violent monsters descend upon Earth to destroy humanity, a reluctant young... more
- Ergo Proxy is a science fiction suspense anime television series, produced by Manglobe, which premiered across Japan on February 25, 2006 on the WOWOW satellite network. It is directed by Shukō... more
- Texhnolyze is a Japanese anime television series directed by Hiroshi Hamasaki, from a screenplay by Chiaki Konaka, and produced by Yasuyuki Ueda, with original character design by Yoshitoshi ABe. The... more
- Perfect Blue is a 1997 Japanese animated psychological thriller-horror film directed by Satoshi Kon and written by Sadayuki Murai, based on the novel of the same name by Yoshikazu Takeuchi. The film... more
- Haibane Renmei is a 13-episode anime series based on the work of Yoshitoshi ABe. It began as an original dōjinshi comic series, The Haibanes of Old Home, but this was quickly superseded by the anime... more
- Paranoia Agent is a Japanese anime television series created by director Satoshi Kon and produced by Madhouse about a social phenomenon in Musashino, Tokyo caused by a juvenile serial assailant named... more
- Boogiepop Phantom is a twelve-episode anime television series produced by Madhouse Studios, based on the Boogiepop light novel series by Kouhei Kadono, particularly that of Boogiepop and Others and... more
- Angel's Egg is a Japanese original video animation produced by Tokuma Shoten in 1985. It was a collaboration between popular artist Yoshitaka Amano and director Mamoru Oshii. It features very little... more
- Paprika is a 2006 Japanese animated film co-written and directed by Satoshi Kon, based on Yasutaka Tsutsui's 1993 novel of the same name, about a research psychologist who uses a device that permits... more
- Ghost in the Shell is a 1995 anime science fiction film based on manga of the same title by Masamune Shirow. The film was written by Kazunori Itō, directed by Mamoru Oshii, animated by... more
- Steins;Gate (White Fox, 2011) is a Japanese sci-fi anime series based on the 2009 visual novel by Nitroplus and 5pb. After discovering time travel, a university student and his friends must use their... more
- Akira is a 1988 Japanese animated cyberpunk action film directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, written by Otomo and Izo Hashimoto, and featuring the voices of Mitsuo Iwata, Nozomu Sasaki, Mami Koyama, and Taro... more
- Kino's Journey: the Beautiful World (Kino no Tabi) is a Japanese light novel series written by Keiichi Sigsawa, with illustrations by Kouhaku Kuroboshi, and a 2003 anime series. Kino, accompanied by... more
- In the future when technological enhancements and robotics are a way of life, Major Motoko Kusanagi and Section 9 take care of the jobs that are too difficult for the police. Section 9 employs... more
- Kaiba is an anime series directed by Masaaki Yuasa that debuted on the WOWOW satellite network in Spring 2008. Animation is by Madhouse and it is described as a sci-fi love story. The series received... more
- Dennō Coil, Coil—A Circle of Children, is a Japanese science fiction anime television series depicting a near future where semi-immersive augmented reality technology has just begun to enter the... more
- Ghost Hound is an anime TV series, created by Production I.G and Masamune Shirow, noted for being the creator of the Ghost in the Shell series. The original concept and design was first developed by... more
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a Japanese anime television series produced by Shaft and Aniplex. It was directed by Akiyuki Shinbo and written by Gen Urobuchi, with original character designs by Ume... more
- Chaos;Head, stylized as ChäoS;HEAd, is a Japanese visual novel developed by 5pb. and Nitroplus that was released on April 25, 2008 for the PC. A port of the game, named Chaos;Head Noah, for the Xbox... more
- Summer Wars is a 2009 Japanese animated science fiction film directed by Mamoru Hosoda, animated by Madhouse and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures. The film's voice cast includes Ryunosuke Kamiki,... more
- Flowers of Evil is the third album by American hard rock band Mountain. It was their first live outing, with the second side of the original album consisting of material recorded on June 27, 1971 at... more