The best players to wear 25 as their jersey numbers are sprinkled across all major sports. It has been a popular jersey number for decades with success of athletes across the board. Iconic MLB players with number 25 jerseys include Barry Bonds, Rickey Henderson, and George Brett, all Hall of Fame-level players whose career highlights are among the greatest moments in baseball history.
Basketball stars have had success with the number as well with Vince Carter, Mark Price, and Ben Simmons thriving with the number 25 in the NBA. Football and hockey aren’t too far behind with quite a few superstars rocking the number in NFL and NHL history. It's all proof that anyone who wears #25 has a major legacy to live up to.
So check out the list of famous athletes who wore 25 and help decide who deserves to rank the highest for wearing this iconic jersey number. Vote up your favorite athletes to wear the number 25, then head over and check out some other iconic jersey numbers, including the best players to wear No. 23.
Years active: 1998-present
Stats: 1,481 games played, 17.2 points per game, 4.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists
- 8× NBA All-Star (2000–2007)
- All-NBA Second Team (2001)
- All-NBA Third Team (2000)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (1999)
16148Is this athlete great?
- Age: 42
- Birthplace: Daytona Beach, Florida, United States of America
- Team: Phoenix Suns
Years active: 1986-2007
Stats: .298 batting average, 762 home runs, 1,996 RBIs, 514 stolen bases
- 14× All-Star (1990, 1992–1998, 2000–2004, 2007)
- 7× NL MVP (1990, 1992, 1993, 2001–2004)
- 8× Gold Glove Award (1990–1994, 1996–1998)
- 12× Silver Slugger Award (1990–1994, 1996, 1997, 2000–2004)
- 2× NL batting champion (2002, 2004)
- 2× NL home run leader (1993, 2001)
- NL RBI leader (1993)
15649Is this athlete great?
- Age: 55
- Birthplace: Riverside, California, United States of America
- Team: San Francisco Giants
- Photo: Detroit Pistons / Instagram
Years active: 2008-present
Stats: 546 games played, 18.8 points per game, 5.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds
- NBA Most Valuable Player (2011)
- 3× NBA All-Star (2010–2012)
- All-NBA First Team (2011)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2009)
10424Is this athlete great?
- Age: 31
- Birthplace: USA, Chicago, Illinois
- Team: Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks
Years active: 1979-2003
Stats: .279 batting average, 297 home runs, 1,115 RBIs, 1,406 stolen bases
- 10× All-Star (1980, 1982–1988, 1990, 1991)
- 2× World Series champion (1989, 1993)
- AL MVP (1990)
- ALCS MVP (1989)
- Gold Glove Award (1981)
- 3× Silver Slugger Award (1981, 1985, 1990)
- 12× AL stolen base leader (1980–1986, 1988–1991, 1998)
7722Is this athlete great?
- Age: 60
- Birthplace: Chicago Illinois
- Team: Los Angeles Dodgers