The top athletes who wore 4 as their jersey number include a hit list of talented names across all sports. Baseball specifically has seen many of the top players wearing #4 with legendary MLB names like Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, and Mel Ott.
The best NFL players who wore 4 on their uniform include Brett Favre and a few legendary kickers. NBA fans have representation, as well, with Joe Dumars, Charles Barkley, and Chris Webber among the famous players to wear the number. Even NHL players like Bobby Orr and Scott Stevens sported the 4 on their backs while making an impact in their sport.
So check out the list of athletes who wore 4 and help decide who deserves to rank the highest for wearing this iconic jersey number. Vote up your favorite athletes to wear the number 4, then head over and check out some other iconic jersey numbers, including the best players to wear No. 25.
Years active: 1923-1939
Stats: .340 batting average, 493 home runs, 1,995 RBIs
- Baseball Hall of Fame
- 7× All-Star (1933–1939)
- 6× World Series champion (1927, 1928, 1932, 1936–1938)
- 2× AL MVP (1927, 1936)
- Triple Crown (1934)
16223Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Yorkville, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Nationality: United States of America,Germany
- Position: First baseman
Years active: 1966-1979
Stats: 657 games played, 270 goals, 645 assists
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- 2x Stanley Cup winner
- 9x All-Star
- 3x Hart Memorial Trophy winner
- 8x Norris Memorial Trophy winner
- 2x Art Ross Trophy winner
13825Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Parry Sound, Canada
- Nationality: Canada
- Position: Defenseman
Years active: 1991-2010
Stats: 302 games played, 71,838 passing yards, 508 passing touchdowns
- Super Bowl champion (XXXI)
- Football Hall of Fame
- 11× Pro Bowl (1992, 1993, 1995–1997, 2001–2003, 2007–2009)
- 3× First-team All-Pro (1995–1997)
- 3× Second-team All-Pro (2001, 2002, 2007)
- 3× AP NFL Most Valuable Player (1995–1997)
11127Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Gulfport, Mississippi, United States of America
- Nationality: United States of America
- Position: Quarterback
Years active: 1915-1937
Stats: .358 batting average, 301 home runs, 1,584 RBIs
- Baseball Hall of Fame
- World Series champion (1926)
- 2× NL MVP (1925, 1929)
- 2× Triple Crown (1922, 1925)
9113Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Winters, Texas, United States of America
- Position: Manager, Second baseman