The athletes who wore Lucky Number 7 as their jersey number include a combination of players across various sports who achieved various levels of success. John Elway, Ben Roethlisberger, and Michael Vick are among the top NFL names who wore #7 while delivering incredible results at the quarterback position.
The NBA has had players find success with the jersey 7 thanks to Carmelo Anthony, Pete Maravich, and Kyle Lowry. Some of the MLB players to wear 7 across their careers include Mickey Mantle, Barry Bonds, and Joe Mauer. The NHL is represented by famous players like Ray Borque and Paul Coffey.
So check out the list of athletes who wore 7 and help decide who deserves to rank the highest for wearing this iconic jersey number. Vote up your favorite athletes to wear the number 7, then head over and check out some other iconic jersey numbers, including the best players to wear No. 25.
- Photo: Visionhaus / Getty Images
9515Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Santo António, Portugal
- Position: Forward, Midfielder
Years active: 1951-1968
Stats: .298 batting average, 536 home runs, 1,509 RBIs
- Baseball Hall of Fame
- 20× All-Star (1952–1965, 1967, 1968)
- 7× World Series champion (1951–1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962)
- 3× AL MVP (1956, 1957, 1962)
- Triple Crown (1956)
- Gold Glove Award (1962)
12642Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Spavinaw, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Position: Outfielder, First baseman, Center fielder
Years active: 1983-1998
Stats: 234 games played, 51,475 passing yards, 300 passing touchdowns
- Football Hall of Fame
- 2× Super Bowl champion (XXXII, XXXIII)
- Super Bowl MVP (XXXIII)
- 9× Pro Bowl (1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1996–1998)
- First-team All-Pro (1987)
- 2× Second-team All-Pro (1993, 1996)
- NFL Most Valuable Player (1987)
- 2× AFC Offensive Player of the Year (1987, 1993)
10832Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Port Angeles, Washington, United States of America
- Position: Quarterback
Years active: 1970-1980
Stats: 658 games played, 24.2 points per game, 5.4 assists, 4.2 rebounds, 1.5 steals
- Basketball Hall of Fame
- 5× NBA All-Star (1973, 1974, 1977–1979)
- 2× All-NBA First Team (1976, 1977)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (1973, 1978)
8930Is this athlete great?
- Birthplace: Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
- Position: Shooting guard