The Avengers are comprised of the most recognizable superheroes on the planet. Each and every hero in the main team is almost universally iconic.
As such, there are many different variations on the team and dozens of formats the team has been utilized in. Be it video games, films, animated series, or alternate versions of the team itself in comic books, The Avengers are in virtually every form of pop culture, in one way or another.
We've decided to compile some of our favorites here. Do you like the main Avengers roster or are you a New Avengers fan? Do you prefer how the Avengers assemble in the two-part Avengers: Infinity War, or in the Ultimate Avengers animated film? Do you like the classic '60s version of the team or the more modern Ultimates?
Here's the chance to see where it all lines up. What is the greatest interpretation of The Avengers ever? Vote up your favorites!
- Avengers: Endgame is a 2019 American superhero film directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team, and the sequel to Avengers: Infinity War. After Thanos (Josh Brolin) ...more
- Film (2018)Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk and the rest of the Avengers unite to battle their most powerful enemy yet -- the evil Thanos. On a mission to collect all six Infinity Stones, Thanos plans to use the ...more
- FilmVol. 1 Issues 1-402 (1963-1996)When Thor's evil brother, Loki (Tom Hiddleston), gains access to the unlimited power of the energy cube called the Tesseract, Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson), director of S.H.I.E.L.D., initiates a ...more
- Film (2016)Political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability when the actions of the Avengers lead to collateral damage. The new status quo deeply divides members of the team. Captain America ...more
- Avengers: Age of Ultron is a 2015 American superhero film directed by Joss Whedon, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team. When Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) try ...more
- TV ProgramComic-book superheroes -- including Hulk, Iron Man and Thor -- join forces to become the Avengers as they fight villains who have escaped from the Vault, the Cube, the Big House and the Raft. Among ...more
- Video GameMarvel: Ultimate Alliance is an action role-playing game developed for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360 by Raven Software and published by Activision. The game was simultaneously ...more
Avengers Vs. X-MenBookThe Road to Avengers vs. X-Men is a book written by Allan Heinberg, Olivier Coipel, Jeph Loeb, Jim Cheung, Ed McGuinness, Brian Michael Bendis, Adam Kubert, and Jason Aaron.
Marvel's Avengers AssembleTV ProgramIron Man, Hulk, Captain America and newcomer Falcon are members of the Avengers featured in this animated series. Iron Man leads the team, as the heroes live and train in their new headquarters in
- The West Coast Avengers is a comic book series featuring a fictional group of superheroes created by Roger Stern and Bob Hall. It was the first spin-off publication for the Avengers. The West Coast ...more
- Comic Book SeriesThe Mighty Avengers is a comic book series that was published by Marvel Comics. Originally written by Brian Michael Bendis, also the writer of New Avengers, the title first featured an officially ...more
Avengers (Vol.3 '98-04)
Avengers (Vol.5 2012-Present)
- The New Avengers is a comic book published by Marvel Comics. The title has been used for three American comic book series. The first two were written by Brian Michael Bendis and depicted a version of ...more
- Comic Book SeriesThe Ultimates is a thirteen-issue comic book limited series written by Mark Millar with art by Bryan Hitch. The series introduces the superhero team the Ultimates and was published by the Ultimate ...more
- Comic Book SeriesJLA/Avengers is a comic book limited series and crossover published in prestige format by DC Comics and Marvel Comics from September 2003 to May 2004. The series was written by Kurt Busiek, with art ...more
- Comic Book SeriesThe Young Avengers is a fictional Marvel Comics superhero team, appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. The team, created by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung, features numerous adolescent ...more
- Video GameMarvel: Avengers Alliance is a turn-based social network game developed by Playdom in 2012. It is based on characters and storylines published by Marvel Comics, and written by Alex Irvine. The game ...more
Marvel Adventures: The Avengers
- Comic Book SeriesThe Ultimates 2 is a thirteen-issue comic book limited series written by Mark Millar with art by Bryan Hitch, the sequel to The Ultimates. The series features the superhero team the Ultimates and was ...more
Avengers InfinityComic Book SeriesAvengers: Infinity is a four-issue American comic book limited series published from September to December 2000 by Marvel Comics. The series was written by Roger Stern and drawn by Sean Chen, Scott ...more
- TV ProgramAfter almost losing his life in a plane crash that killed his father, teenage prodigy Tony Stark, heir to the billion-dollar corporation Stark International, honors his dad's memory as the superhero ...more