All the seasons of Bachelor in Paradise have been great, but which seasons really stand out? After introducing viewers to the concept of Bachelor in Paradise in season one, the series finds the contestants fighting for love in later seasons. Some of the most memorable episodes of Bachelor in Paradise are split among the different seasons, so picking the top season isn't easy. To determine once and for all what the best seasons of Bachelor in Paradise are, let's rank every Bachelor in Paradise season from best to worst.
Bachelor in Paradise is a spin-off of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette that premiered on ABC on August 4, 2014. Chris Harrison hosts the reality competition and several marriages have resulted from the show.
Vote up your favorite seasons of Bachelor in Paradise, and vote down any bad seasons that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you loved any individual episodes. It can be painful to put one Bachelor in Paradise season over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many seasons you like.
The sixth season of Bachelor in Paradise premiered on August 5, 2019, and contained 13 episodes. This season featured the first same-sex relationship of the American version of the series.
Memorable moments from Season 6 include:
308Was this a great season?
- Blake Horstmann causes a lot of drama after it is revealed he had encounters with both Caelynn Miller-Keyes and Kristina Schulman at Stagecoach and was still pursuing Tayshia Adams and then Hannah Godwin at paradise.
- Demi Burnett first connects with Derek Peth, but then reveals she is in love with the girl she had been dating at home. That girl - Kristian Haggerty - later joins her in paradise. They ammend the rose ceremony to include their first same-sex couple.
- John Paul Jones absolutely loses his mind over Tayshia, leading to fights with Derek Peth. Derek leaves paradise when Tayshia tells him she doesn't have feelings for him.
- John Paul Jones later leaves paradise when Tayshia says she is not ready for anything serious with him, though they rekindle their relationship outside of the show.
- Dean Unglert and Caelynn get close, but Dean leaves in Week 3, saying he isn't ready for a serious relationship.
- Caelynn falls for Connor Saeli after getting cozy with him at Chris Randone and Krystal Nielson's wedding. Connor joins the Bachelor in Paradise cast on the beach.
- Christian Estrada makes a play for Nicole Lopez-Alvar, but is removed after he gets into a fight with Jordan Kimball. Jordan is also removed from paradise.
- Deans comes back in Week 5, asking Caelynn to quit paradise and come with him. She accepts.
- Connor leaves paradise after Caelynn takes off with Dean.
- Whitney Fransway shows up hoping to find Connor, and quits the show to go be with him after she hears he had just left.
- Dylan Barbour and Hannah Godwin get engaged. Demi and Kristian get engaged. Chris Bukowski and Katie Morton get engaged.
The second season of Bachelor in Paradise premiered on August 2, 2015, and contained 12 episodes. This season finds contestants looking for love in Sayulita, Mexico.
Memorable moments from Season 2 include:
140Was this a great season?
- Everyone attends the wedding of Marcus and Lacy.
- Seven people quit throughout the season, with Julia Kinney, Dan Cox, Mackenzie Deonigi, and Mikey Tenerelli all quitting in week five.
- Ashley I. specifically asks Chris Harrison for a date card so she can have an overnight date with Jared and lose her virginity. He gives her the card, but she does not lose her virginity.
- Ashley I. falls to pieces after Jared Haibon says he's still in love with Bachelorette Kaitlyn Bristowe.
- Kirk Dewindt blindsides Carly Waddell, ending what appeared to be one of the strongest couples. Carly then decides to go home.
- Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert get engaged.
The fifth season of Bachelor in Paradise premiered on August 7, 2018, and contained 11 episodes. This season found contestants from the international versions of The Bachelor participating for the first time.
Memorable moments from Season 5 include:
124Was this a great season?
- There is more drama as Bekah Martinez calls out Leo Dottavio with accusations of inappropriate sexual behavior towards women.
- Joe Amabile and Leo Dottavio get in a confrontation, which results in Leo getting removed from paradise.
- Colton Underwood causes Tia Booth to leave. Colton goes on to become The Bachelor.
- Kamil Nicalek makes a lot of enemies.
- Chris Randone and Krystal Nielson get engaged. Jordan Kimball and Jenna Cooper get engaged. Kamil Nicalek and Annaliese Puccini decide to stay together, but do not get engaged. Kevin Wendt and Astrid Loch split in week six, but later get engaged.
The third season of Bachelor in Paradise premiered on August 2, 2016, and contained 11 episodes. This season finds contestants once again looking for love in Sayulita, Mexico.
Memorable moments from Season 3 include:
101Was this a great season?
- Twins Haley and Emily Ferguson are a package deal, with Chris Harrison explaining that if one gets a rose, the other gets to stay as well.
- Chad Johnson gets removed from the show on the first episode after getting drunk and belligerent.
- Ashley I. gets sent home in Week 4, but comes back and asks everyone for a second chance, and they allow her to stay.
- Evan Bass spends the season thriving on pity and basically guilts Carly Waddell into going out with him. He even fakes an illness for her attention at one point.
- Ashley I. cries throughout the entire season because she wants to date Jared Haibon and he is with Caila Quinn. Eventually both Jared and Caila leave.
- Three women compete for Wells' affection.
- Carly and Evan get engaged. Lace Morris and Grant Kemp get engaged. Jen Saviano is ready for Nick Viall to propose, but he breaks up with her instead, saying it's because he "cannot convince his heart it is right," but more likely because he wants to be the next Bachelor. Josh Murray and Amanda Stanton get engaged, despite warnings from the twins and Nick Viall that Josh is dangerous.