Baker's Square recipes, a helpful guide to preparing your favorite dishes from the Baker's Square menu at home. These copycat recipes are typically not based on exactly the method used at Baker's Square, but are modeled closely on the flavor and texture of Baker's Square's food, making it easier than ever to bring these great tastes to your house for cheap where you'll be able to bake and sample some of the tastiest dishes like delicious pies and sumptuous cakes.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.Making Baker's Square recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Baker's Square recipes from around the Web.
German Chocolate Cake SquaresPhoto: flickr / CC0
1/2 cup water
6 ounces Baker’s German’s Sweet Chocolate, chopped
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
4 large eggs, separated
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
5 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 7-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Butter a glass baking dish while preheating the oven at 350 FFrosting
- Simmer water in a small saucepan on a reduce heat
- Add chopped chocolate,whisk until smooth, cool
- Sift flour,baking soda and salt in a medium bowl
- Beat sugar and butter, until blended
- Beat in yolks 1 at a time in chocolate mixture and vanilla
- Beat dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk
- Beat whites separately until stiff but not dry
- Fold into batter in 2 additions
- Pour batter into dish and sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Bake for 1 hour, cool
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan
- Whisk on a medium heat, simmer, thickens for about 18 minutes
- Mix in coconut and pecan
- Spread warm frosting over cake
- Sprinkle chocolate chips immediately over
- Let stand until frosting sets167Great recipe?
Chicken Pasta Primavera
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces- In a medium heat cook red, yellow and green bell peppers in 2 tablespoons olive oil with garlic until just tender.
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can peeled and diced tomatoes
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 pound angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite size pieces
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir in diced tomatoes and diced tomatoes with chiles.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove to a serving bowl.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Cook chicken in butter mixture until juices run clear.
- Place cooked chicken over tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder and Parmesan.
- Serve with cooked pasta136Great recipe?
Butternut Squash Bisque
1 tablespoon canola oil- Stir onion in a melted butter in an oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup diced onion
3/4 cup diced carrots
4 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
3 cups vegetable stock
salt and ground black pepper to taste
ground nutmeg to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Mix carrots and squash
- Pour vegetable stock
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Simmer until vegetables are tender
- Puree the mixture soup in a blender
- Stir in the heavy cream and heat but do not boil
- Dash with nutmeg3434Great recipe?
Apple Walnut Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
1/2 cup chopped walnuts- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup red onion, chopped
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
1 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper to taste
10 cups mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
2 Red Delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced
- Spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted.
- In a food processor, puree the cranberries, vinegar, onion, sugar, and mustard until smooth
- Gradually add oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the greens, apples, and enough of the cranberry mixture to coat.
- Sprinkle with walnuts, and serve.1920Great recipe?