The Best Sister Bands & Musical Groups, Ranked
Here are the greatest bands and groups featuring sisters. Many sisters are each other's best friends. They teach each other important life lessons and are there for one another when times are tough. All of these experiences occasionally manifest in the form of songs the sisters perform together. They go on to perform this music in front of crowds, and they go on to tour around the world. There are many bands with sisters being the primary members of the group. Which acts do you find yourself listening to constantly?
Haim has made a big splash in the indie pop scene. The band consists of three sisters: Este, Alana, and Danielle as well as their drummer, Dash Hutton. However, they are far from the only band containing singing sisters. Heart is famously made up of Nancy and Ann Wilson while Dixie Chicks consists of Martie Maguire and Emily Robison, who have also performed without Natalie Maines in the group Court Yard Hounds. Other popular sister bands include Tegan and Sara, The Bangles, The Veronicas, and All Saints.
People better watch out at family reunions or else the wrong kind of drama will make its way into a hit song. Which of these sister singing groups do you like most? Now is your chance to show these ladies some love by voting up your favorite bands.
- Heart are an American rock band formed in 1967 in Seattle, Washington, as The Army. Two years later they changed their name to Hocus Pocus. The year following they changed their name to White Heart, ...more
- The Pointer Sisters are an American R&B singing group from Oakland, California, who achieved mainstream success during the 1970s and 1980s. Spanning over four decades, their repertoire has included ...more
- The Bangles are an American pop rock band that were formed in Los Angeles in 1981. They recorded several hit singles during the 1980s, including "Walk Like an Egyptian" (Billboard magazine's ...more
- The Andrews Sisters were an American close harmony singing group of the swing and boogie-woogie eras. The group consisted of three sisters: contralto LaVerne Sophia (July 6, 1911 – May 8, 1967), ...more
- Haim is an American pop rock band from Los Angeles, California. The band consists of sisters Este, Danielle and Alana Haim, and drummer Dash Hutton. The group's pop sound on their studio work stands ...more
- Wilson Phillips is an American vocal group consisting of Carnie Wilson, Wendy Wilson and Chynna Phillips, the daughters, respectively, of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys and John and Michelle Phillips ...more