Batman is arguably the most recognizable superhero on the planet. There's iconic, there's legendary, and then there's Batman.
As such, there are many different variations of the character and dozens of formats the character has been utilized in. Be it dramatic TV interpretations of his youth, short animated series, or the multitude of versions in theaters, the Dark Knight always finds a way onto our screens, in one way or another.
We've decided to compile some of our favorites here. Do you like Batman: Beyond more than Batman: The Animated Series? Is Tim Burton's Batman Returns your favorite film or do you secretly love Batman & Robin? When it comes to the most amazing interpretation of The Bat, are you all about Adam West or are you kind of digging Ben Affleck?
Here's your chance to see where it all lines up. What are the greatest interpretations of the Batman ever? Vote up your favorites!
- Batman: The Animated Series is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It was produced by Warner Bros. Animation and originally aired on the Fox Network from... more
- The Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, based on the DC Comics character, Batman. Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale), Police Lieutenant James Gordon (Gary Oldman) and... more
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm is a 1993 American animated superhero mystery film featuring the DC Comics character Batman, and is based on the 1990s Batman: The Animated Series. Produced by Warner... more
- Batman Begins is a 2005 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, based on the DC Comics character. After training with his mentor (Liam Neeson), Batman (Christian Bale) begins his fight to free ... more
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker is a 2000 direct-to-video animated film featuring the comic book superhero Batman and his archenemy, the Joker. It is set in the continuity of the animated series... more
- Batman is a 1989 American superhero film directed by Tim Burton, based on the DC Comics character. The Dark Knight of Gotham City (Michael Keaton) begins his war on crime with his first major enemy... more
- Batman Beyond is an American animated television series created by Warner Bros. Animation in collaboration with DC Comics as a continuation of the Batman legacy. Depicting a teenaged Batman in a... more
- Batman: Under the Red Hood is a 2010 American superhero film produced by Warner Bros. Animation and released by Warner Home Video. It is the eighth animated feature in the DC Universe Animated... more
- The Dark Knight Rises is a 2012 superhero film directed by Christopher Nolan, based on the DC Comics character. Eight years after the Joker's reign of anarchy, Batman (Christian Bale), with the help... more
- Batman Returns is a 1992 American superhero film, directed and produced by Tim Burton, based upon the Batman character appearing in comics published by DC Comics. It is the second installment of... more
- The New Batman Adventures is an American animated television series based on the DC Comics superhero Batman, and is a continuation of Batman: The Animated Series. It was produced by Warner Bros.... more
- Justice League is an American animated television series which ran from 2001 to 2004 on Cartoon Network. It is part of the DC animated universe. The show was produced by Warner Bros. Animation. It is... more
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2 is an animated film.... more
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is a two-part direct-to-video animated superhero film, an adaptation of the 1986 comic book The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller and serves as a sequel to 2011's... more
- Batman: Year One is a 2011 animated superhero film based on the four-issue story arc Batman: Year One printed in 1987. It premiered at Comic-Con on July 22 and was officially released October 18,... more
- Justice League Unlimited was an American animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation and aired on Cartoon Network. Featuring a wide array of superheroes from the DC Comics universe,... more
- Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero is a 1998 direct-to-video animated feature film, the second based on Batman: The Animated Series, serving as a stand-alone sequel to Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. It won... more
- Batman: Assault on Arkham is a 2014 direct-to-video animated superhero film that is part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. Jay Oliva and Ethan Spaulding direct, with a script by Heath... more
- The Batman is a 2022 American comic book action movie directed by Matt Reeves. The Riddler plays a deadly game of cat and mouse with Batman and Commissioner Gordon in Gotham City.... more
- The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest is a 1997 animated feature comprised of the Superman: The Animated Series 3-part episode "World's Finest" released on VHS and DVD. It depicts the first... more
- The Batman is an animated television series produced by Warner Bros. Animation based on the DC Comics superhero Batman. It ran from September 11, 2004 to March 22, 2008, on the Saturday morning... more
- Gotham (Fox, 2014) is an American drama television series developed by Bruno Heller, based on the DC Comics characters from the Batman franchise. The story behind Detective James Gordon's (Ben... more
- Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is a 2009 original direct-to-video animated superhero film adaptation of "Public Enemies"—the opening story arc of DC Comics' Superman/Batman—which focuses on Superman... more
- The Lego Batman Movie is a 2017 3D computer-animated superhero comedy film directed by Chris McKay. A cooler-than-ever Bruce Wayne (Will Arnett) must deal with the usual suspects as they plan to rule... more
- Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is a direct-to-video animated film adaptation of the 2011 comic book crossover "Flashpoint" by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert. It is scripted by Jim Krieg and... more