Six to eight player board games are some of the most classic ways to pass with the time with a large group of family or friends. They are an easy and cheap activity to set up and can keep everyone occupied with fun for hours on end. Some of the most popular board games are classics that have been around since the invention of board games, while others are newer and bring new twists to the genre of games. Which board games are your favorites?There aren't many 6-8 player board games, as the majority of them only support up to five players. But this list is geared specifically for if you are looking for board games for 6 players or more. Vote up all of your favorites on this list, and if there's a board game that's your favorite and isn't listed here, feel free to add it. Let your voice be heard to see which 6-8 player board games are most beloved by the Ranker community.
- Betrayal at House on the Hill is a board game published by Avalon Hill and designed by Bruce... more on Wikipedia
- Citadels is a German-style card game, designed by Bruno Faidutti and originally published in... more on Wikipedia17371
- 7 Wonders is a board game created by Antoine Bauza in 2010 and originally published by Repos... more on Wikipedia379121
- Shadows Over Camelot is an Arthurian-themed board game designed by Serge Laget and Bruno... more on Wikipedia14772
A variant of The Resistance was released in 2012 called Avalon. In Avalon, instead of Imperial Spies and Resistance Fighters, the game pits Arthurian Knights against the evil Mordred and his minions. The gameplay is significantly changed by the addition of a role called Merlin, a good player who is told at the beginning of the game who the evil players are.
Ultimate Werewolf can be played with 5-75 players of all ages. Each player has an agenda: as a villager, hunt down the werewolves; as a werewolf, convince the other villagers that you are innocent, while secretly attacking those same villagers each night. A third major team working to kill off all others are the Vampires, who must kill both werewolves and villagers to win, and other neutral roles are available, each vying to achieve their own goals.
Bang! is a Wild West-themed social deduction card game designed by Emiliano Sciarra and released by Italian publisher DV Giochi in 2002. In 2004, Bang! won the Origins Award for Best Traditional Card Game of 2003 and Best Graphic Design of a Card Game or Expansion.
Camel Up is a board game for two to eight players. It was designed by Steffen Bogen and illustrated by Dennis Lohausen, and published in 2014 by Pegasus Spiele. Players place bets on a camel race in the desert; the player who wins the most money is the winner of the game. Camel Up won the Spiel des Jahres in 2014.
- Tsuro is a tile-based board game designed by Tom McMurchie, originally published by WizKids... more on Wikipedia11072
The big heist may have been a success, but it all goes wrong when every crook wants a bigger cut. With this much money on the table, bullets speak louder than words! In Cash 'n Guns, players will point foam pistols at each other and try to intimidate their opponents into letting them have the largest share. The bravest crooks enjoy the most money - but only if they live long enough to spend it!
Mysterium is a cooperative board game designed by Oleksandr Nevskiy and Oleg Sidorenko. It blends aspects of murder mystery games and card-based guessing games. One person plays a murdered ghost who can communicate with the other players only through a series of visions in the form of illustrated cards.
- RoboRally is a board game originally published in 1994 by Wizards of the Coast. It was... more on Wikipedia7248
Secret Hitler is a hidden identity party game developed by Goat, Wolf, & Cabbage LLC, manufactured by Breaking Games and distributed by Blackbox. The game was designed by Max Temkin, Mike Boxleiter and Tommy Maranges, with artwork created by Mackenzie Schubert, and first released on August 25, 2016.
The third edition of Twilight Imperium, published in 2004, was designed at roughly the same time that Petersen was also working on A Game of Thrones, and his desire was to emphasize similar narrative development in this new edition's gameplay. He also looked to the mechanics of Eurogames like Puerto Rico for inspiration of how to represent complex mechanisms simply.
Telestrations is a party game in which players are prompted to sketch a word listed on a card, then guess what the other players have drawn. The game is produced by USAopoly.
- Cosmic Encounter is a science fiction–themed strategy board game, designed by "Future... more on Wikipedia10060
- Catan, or The Settlers of Catan in older editions, is a multiplayer board game designed by... more on Wikipedia182120
Colt Express is a railway-themed family board game designed by Christophe Raimbault, Illustrated by Ian Parovel and Jordi Valbuena, published in 2014 by Ludonaute and distributed by Asmodee. Players represent bandits robbing a train at the same time; the goal is to become the richest outlaw of the Old West.
At the start of the game, players each take a role card that secretly places them on a team: the Sheriff and deputies, outlaws, and renegades. The Sheriff and deputies need to kill the outlaws, the outlaws win by killing the Sheriff, and the renegades want to be the last players alive in the game.
- Bohnanza is a German-style card game of trading and politics, designed by Uwe Rosenberg and... more on Wikipedia5936
Shadow Hunters (シャドウハンターズ shadō hantāzu) is a social deduction board game designed by Yasutaka Ikeda that was first published in 2005 by Game Republic in Japan. The game was published in the United States by Z-Man Games in 2008. The art style of the game closely resembles the style found in Japanese anime and manga.
- Scattergories is a creative-thinking category-based party game produced by Hasbro through the... more on Wikipedia8868
- Formula D is a board game that recreates formula racing. It was designed by Eric Randall and... more on Wikipedia5934
- Players in Mascarade start with six coins and a randomly dealt character card. Characters stay... more on Wikipedia5136