What other kind of films, regardless of genre, stop everything just to have an enormous dance number right in the middle of a scene? This list ranks the best hit Bollywood movies Netflix has to offer. Including some of the best Bollywood movies of all time, this list features the top choices on Netflix, ready to stream right now! If interested, you can also check out Bollywood movies streaming on Hulu. The over-the-top, out-of-the-box industry of Bollywood is a one-of-a-kind genre that will definitely make you want to jump out of your seat and dance! You might actually be surprised how many good Hindi and Indian movies there are streaming on Netflix, both new and classics.
"Bollywood" is the nickname for the Hindi language film industry based in Mumbai, one of the largest film hubs in the world. In fact, Hindi language films outsell all other non-English films in the United States. Whether you like funny comedies or action films, or even something on the romantic side of things, these Bollywood movies on Netflix have it all.
Vote up the best Bollywood films currently on Netflix below.
- 3 Idiots is a 2009 Indian coming of age comedy-drama film co-written, edited and directed by Rajkumar Hirani, produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, and screenplay by Abhijat Joshi. It was loosely adapted ...more
- Dil Chahta Hai is a 2001 Indian comedy-drama film starring Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshaye Khanna, Preity Zinta, Sonali Kulkarni, and Dimple Kapadia. The first film written and directed by Farhan ...more
- Namastey London is a 2007 Bollywood film. The romantic comedy film is directed by Vipul Amrutlal Shah and stars Akshay Kumar and Katrina Kaif. It also stars Rishi Kapoor, Upen Patel and Clive Standen ...more
- Delhi Belly is a 2011 Indian black comedy film written by Akshat Verma and directed by Abhinay Deo. It stars Imran Khan, Kunaal Roy Kapur, Vir Das, Poorna Jagannathan and Shenaz Treasurywala. While ...more
- Lagaan is a 2001 Indian epic sports drama film written and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. Aamir Khan, who was also the producer, stars with Gracy Singh in the lead roles; British actors Rachel ...more
- PK is a 2014 Indian satirical science fiction comedy film. The film was directed by Rajkumar Hirani, produced by Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra, and written by Hirani and Abhijat Joshi. t tells the ...more
- After a group of friends graduate from Delhi University, they listlessly haunt their old campus, until a British filmmaker (Alice Patten) casts them in a film she's making about freedom fighters ...more
- Andaz Apna Apna is a 1994 Indian Hindi comedy film directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, starring Aamir khan, Salman Khan, Raveena Tandon, Karisma Kapoor and Paresh Rawal in the lead roles. Mehmood, Govinda ...more
- Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na is a 2008 Indian romantic comedy film, written and directed by Abbas Tyrewala. The film stars Imran Khan and Genelia D'Souza in pivotal roles. Produced by Mansoor Khan, Aamir ...more
- A Wednesday is a 2008 action drama thriller film written by Neeraj Pandey and directed by Neeraj Pandey.
- Swades: We, the People is a 2004 Indian film written, produced and directed by Ashutosh Gowariker. The film stars Shah Rukh Khan and Gayatri Joshi in her first film. The film received widespread ...more
- Kahaani is a 2012 Indian mystery thriller film directed and co-produced by Sujoy Ghosh. It stars Vidya Balan as Vidya Bagchi, a pregnant woman searching for her missing husband in Kolkata during the ...more
- Paan Singh Tomar is a 2012 Indian biographical film based on the true story of the athlete Paan Singh Tomar. A soldier in the Indian Army, he wins a gold medal at the Indian National Games, but is ...more
- Barfi! is a 2012 Indian romantic comedy-drama film directed, written and co-produced by Anurag Basu. Set in the 1970s, the film depicts the story of Murphy "Barfi" Johnson and his relationships with ...more
- Dil Se is a 1998 Bollywood, romantic thriller film in the backdrop of terrorism, directed by Mani Ratnam. The film stars Shahrukh Khan and Manisha Koirala in lead roles while Preity Zinta appears in ...more
- Amar Akbar Anthony is a 1977 Bollywood action comedy film with a lost and found theme, about three brothers separated during their childhood who grew up in three homes, adopting three religions. They ...more
- Drishyam is a 2015 Indian Hindi-language thriller film directed by Nishikant Kamat, and a remake of the 2013 Malayalam film. Desperate measures are taken by a man (Ajay Devgn) who tries to save his ...more
- Guru is a 2007 Indian biographical film loosely based on the life of Dhirubhai Ambani, a business magnate who founded Reliance Industries. The film was co-written and directed by Mani Ratnam. It ...more
- Dhobi Ghat is a 2011 Indian drama film directed by Kiran Rao in her directorial debut. The film produced by Aamir Khan Productions, Reliance Entertainment, Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision Ltd stars ...more
- Sid Mehra (Ranbir Kapoor) is a young man living in Mumbai who benefits from the indulgence of his parents. After graduating from university, he makes a stab at working in his father's business, but ...more
- The Sky Is Pink is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language biographical film directed by Shonali Bose. A couple's 25-year-long romance is recounted by their teenage daughter as she is diagnosed with Pulmonary ...more
- Race is a 2008 Bollywood suspense thriller film directed by Abbas-Mustan and produced under the Tips Films banner. Released on 21 March 2008 worldwide, it stars Saif Ali Khan, Bipasha Basu, Akshaye ...more
- Lakshya is a 2004 Indian drama film directed by Farhan Akhtar, starring Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, Sharad Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Aditya Srivastava, Om Puri and Boman Irani. Hrithik Roshan plays ...more
Drug abuse and the darker side of Punjab rear their heads in the intense, interwoven tales of a cop, a doctor, a migrant worker and a rock star.