There have been many Buffalo Bills coaches since the team got its start, but who is truly the best Buffalo Bills coach of all time? Help us answer that question by upvoting your personal favorite Buffalo Bills coaches, and downvoting any that you believe brought the team down.
The Bills have unfortunately never won a Super Bowl, but head coach Mark Levy brought them to the big game four years in a row from 1990-1993. The fact that the Bills went to the Super Bowl four years in a row and never won is still a sore subject for Buffalo natives, and this guy especially. Other great Bills coaches include Chuck Knox and Lou Saban, both of whom had decent playoff runs with Buffalo.
Who is the greatest Buffalo Bills coach of all time? Has Sean McDermott turned the team around to make them a top contender in the AFC? Let us know by upvoting for your favorite head coaches below that you believe really made an impact on the franchise.
- 1Marvin Daniel Levy (born August 3, 1925) is a former American and Canadian football coach, front office executive, and author. He served as head coach in the Canadian Football League (CFL) for the ...more
- Louis Henry Saban (October 13, 1921 – March 29, 2009) was an American football player and coach. He played for Indiana University in college and as a professional for the Cleveland Browns of the ...more
- Sean McDermott (born March 21, 1974) is an American football coach who is the head coach of the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL).
- Charles Robert Knox (April 27, 1932 – May 12, 2018) was an American football coach at the high school, collegiate and professional levels. He served as head coach of three National Football League ...more
- Wade Phillips (born June 21, 1947) is an American football coach who is the defensive coordinator for the Los Angeles Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He also served two stints as ...more
- Anthony Ray Lynn (born December 21, 1968) is an American professional football coach and former player who is the offensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He ...more
- Thomas Chandler Gailey Jr. (born January 5, 1952) is a former American football coach. Gailey has served as the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and Buffalo ...more
Joe CollierRock Island, Illinois
- James Stephen Ringo (November 21, 1931 – November 19, 2007) was a professional American football player, a Hall of Fame center and coach in the National Football League (NFL). He was a ten-time Pro ...more
- Garrard Sliger "Buster" Ramsey (March 16, 1920 – September 16, 2007) was an American football player who starred at William and Mary and was the first head coach of the American Football League's ...more
Harvey JohnsonBridgeton, New Jersey
- 12George Kay Stephenson (born December 17, 1944) is an American former college and professional football player and current coach, whose latter career has seen him work in four different professional ...more
- Henry Charles Bullough (born January 24, 1934) is a former American football player and coach. He played college football at Michigan State and graduated in 1954. Bullough was a starting guard for ...more
- 14Perry Fewell (born September 7, 1962) is the Carolina Panthers American football defensive backs coach. He last served as the defensive backs coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars of the National ...more
- Michael Rene Mularkey (born November 19, 1961) is an American football coach and former player who is the tight ends coach for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League (NFL). He played ...more
- 16John Rauch (August 20, 1927 – June 10, 2008), also known by his nickname Johnny Rauch, was an American football player and coach. He was head coach of the Oakland Raiders in the team's loss to the ...more
- Rex Ashley Ryan (born December 13, 1962) is a former American football coach and current ESPN analyst. Ryan was formerly the head coach of the New York Jets and Buffalo Bills of the National Football ...more
- Richard Manuel Jauron (born October 7, 1950) is a former National Football League (NFL) player and coach. He played eight seasons, five with the Detroit Lions and three with the Cincinnati Bengals. ...more
- Douglas Charles Marrone (born July 25, 1964) is an American football coach and former offensive lineman who is the offensive line coach at the University of Alabama. He was previously the head coach ...more
- Gregg Williams (born July 15, 1958) is an American football coach who is the defensive coordinator for the New York Jets of the National Football League. Previously, he was head coach of the Buffalo ...more