Bible verses can teach about God's love for his people and the teachings of Jesus, but many Bible passages can also provide inspiration and strength through tough times.
What are the best Catholic teachings from scripture? Many teachings from the Catholic faith can offer support and encouragement in everyday life. If you're facing uncertainty, there might be a Bible verse for that. How is the Catholic faith supported by the Bible?Regardless of your faith or religion, Bible verses can be applicable to daily life, life through God, and much more. What are the top Catholic Bible verses? Vote up all of your favorite Bible verse for Catholics, and add any that you don't already see listed below.
- 1The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I lack. In green pastures you let me graze; to safe waters you lead me; you restore my strength. You guide me along the right path for the sake of your name. Even when I walk through a dark valley, I fear no harm for you are at my side; your rod and staff give me courage.
- 2Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- 3Fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
- 4God indeed is my salvation, I am confident and unafraid. For the Lord is my strength and my might and he has been my salvation.
- 5Be watchful, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong.
- 6He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
- 7I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.
- 8Call to me, and I will answer you; I will tell you things great beyond reach of your knowledge.
- 9In his mind a man plans his course, but the Lord directs his steps.
- 10Cast all your worries on him because he cares for you.
- 11Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives, do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
- 12I command you: be firm and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go.
- 13You are the light of the world, let your light shine before men.
- 14Thy word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
- 15And God said: Be light made. And light was made.
- 16Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- 18Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me.
- 19Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
- 20And this is the promise that he made us: eternal life.
- 21Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord.