The absolute best children's book series ever written, ranked by the community and book fans everywhere. This list has the most popular kid's book series and includes release date information, authors, and photos. It can be difficult to encourage kids to read, but the book series on this list will keep them engaged. What are the absolute best children’s book series of all time?
These kids' book series feature magical universes filled with interesting characters, such as The Chronicles of Narnia, and other novels and series that will keep your kids reading all year long. Some kids enjoy the interactive nature of the Choose Your Own Adventure series, while others simply like to follow their favorite characters as they grow and learn, as with the Harry Potter books.
This list features the most successful book series for kids that were ever written, penned by various authors, and includes both modern children's books series and classic favorites such as The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dr. Seuss, Pendragon, Fancy Nancy, The Boxcar Children, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events, and The Magic Tree House books. Vote up the best book series for kids below, or add a series that keeps your kids reading, if it isn't already below, and take a look at these books that will change your life.
Inspire imagination in your child with a subscription box from Little Bookish Wardrobe containing a book, dress-up costume pieces matching the book's theme, arts & crafts and more.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the first novel in the Harry Potter series and J. K. Rowling's debut novel. The plot follows Harry Potter, a young wizard who discovers his magical ...more
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a series of fiction books written by the American author and cartoonist Jeff Kinney. All nine books are the journals of the main character, Greg Heffley. Befitting a child's ...more
- Holes is a 1997 young adult novel written by Louis Sachar and first published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux. It won the 1998 U.S. National Book Award for Young People's Literature and the 1999 Newbery ...more
- The Magic Tree House is a series of children's books written by American author Mary Pope Osborne. The series consists of two groups. The first group consists of books 1-28, in which Morgan Le Fay ...more
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit is a British children's book written and illustrated by Beatrix Potter that follows mischievous and disobedient young Peter Rabbit as he is chased about the garden of Mr. ...more
- The Hobbit, or There and Back Again is a fantasy novel and children's book by English author J. R. R. Tolkien. It was published on 21 September 1937 to wide critical acclaim, being nominated for the ...more
- The Hunger Games is a 2008 science fiction novel by the American writer Suzanne Collins. It is written in the voice of 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in the dystopian, post-apocalyptic ...more
- The Boxcar Children is a classic children's literary franchise originally created in 1924 by Gertrude Chandler Warner. It tells the story of four orphaned children, Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny, ...more
- Anne of Green Gables is a 1908 novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. Written for all ages, it has been considered a children's novel since the mid-twentieth century. It recounts the ...more
- Little House on the Prairie is a media franchise that started with a series of children's books by Laura Ingalls Wilder that were originally published between 1932 and 1943, and grew to include ...more
- Little Women is a novel by American author Louisa May Alcott, which was originally published in two volumes in 1868 and 1869. Alcott wrote the books rapidly over several months at the request of her ...more
- The Magic School Bus is a series of children's books about science, written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen. They feature the antics of Ms. Valerie Frizzle and her class, who board an ...more
- Where the Sidewalk Ends is a collection of children's poetry written and illustrated by Shel Silverstein and published by Harper and Row Publishers. The book's poems address many common childhood ...more
- Ramona Quimby, Age 8 by Beverly Cleary is the sixth book of the popular Ramona series. Ramona Quimby is in the third grade, now at a new school, and making some new friends. With Beezus in Jr. High ...more