Throughout their time as a football franchise, the Cincinnati Bengals have had a variety of coaches, but who is the best Cincinnati Bengals head coach of all time? We want you to help us answer that question by voting for your favorite Cincinnati Bengals coaches, keeping stats like Super Bowl wins and playoff runs in mind. The Bengals unfortunately don't a national championship under their belt, but they've had a couple of close chances.
Forrest Gregg is not only a NFL Hall of Fame player, but he was a fantastic coach for the Bengals as well. He led the Bengals to a Super Bowl appearance in 1981, where they lost to the 49ers by a score of 26-21. Cincinnati had significantly more yards gained that game, but still ultimately ended up losing by just 5 points. Sam Wyche also led the team to a Super Bowl appearance in 1988, but again the team lost to the 49ers.
If the Cincinnati Bengals had a best of all time team, who would coach it? Would you put Marvin Lewis, the Bengals longtime skipper, above the others who have given team a Super Bowl shot? Vote for your favorites below, even if the coach never won a championship with the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Paul Eugene Brown (September 7, 1908 – August 5, 1991) was an American football coach and executive in the All-America Football Conference (AAFC) and National Football League (NFL). Brown was both ...more
- Zac Taylor (born May 10, 1983) is an American football coach and former quarterback who is the head coach for the Cincinnati Bengals of the National Football League (NFL). From 2005 to 2006, he ...more
- Samuel David Wyche (born January 5, 1945) is a former American football player and current coach at Pickens High School in South Carolina. Wyche is a former player and former head coach for the ...more
- Alvis Forrest Gregg (October 18, 1933 – April 12, 2019) was an American football player and coach in the National Football League (NFL), the Canadian Football League and the NCAA. A Pro Football Hall ...more
- Marvin Ronald Lewis (born September 23, 1958) is an American football coach who is a special advisor at Arizona State University. Previously, Lewis was the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals of the ...more
- Charles Richard "Dick" LeBeau ( lə-BOH; born September 9, 1937) is a former American football coach and cornerback who was last an assistant head coach and defensive coordinator for the Tennessee ...more
- William Levi Johnson Sr. (September 14, 1926 – January 7, 2011), known as Bill "Tiger" Johnson, was a professional football player and coach. He was born in Tyler, Texas, where he was raised by his ...more
- Homer C. Rice (born February 20, 1927) is a former American football player, coach, and college athletics administrator. As Director of Athletics at Georgia Tech, Rice successfully developed and ...more
- Bruce Coslet (born August 5, 1946) is a former American college and professional football player and professional football coach. A tight end, he played for the University of the Pacific and in 1969 ...more
- David Donald Shula (born May 28, 1959) is an American former professional football player and current wide receiver coach at Dartmouth College. He is the son of famed National Football League coach ...more