List of the best colleges for B students. A safety school is always good to have in mind when applying to college -- especially as a C student. Underachievers would be lucky to achieve acceptance to one of these universities. Average students should check out these rankings to create their own list of top schools for underachievers. If you partied too hard in high school, or just never got into the material as much as the nerds did, one of these easier schools with a wider acceptance rate could be the perfect fit. Fill out the Common Application and reach for your dream school on the coolest campus in the country -- but stay safe and get that app ready for one of these respected safety schools. You don't have to get straight A's in every subject; you just need a little bit of drive and a good education. The professors at these places will expect the underachieving type so you will be comfortable, but why not surprise them and study extra hard? These are great schools for B students and the colleges on this list are more fitting for you as a student than any Ivy League university could hope.
- Photo: uploaded by wiabuxMorgantown, West VirginiaWest Virginia University is a public land grant research university in Morgantown, West Virginia, United States. Its other campuses include the West Virginia University Institute of Technology in Montgomery and Potomac State College of West Virginia University in Keyser; and a second clinical campus for the University's medical and dental schools at Charleston Area Medical Center in Charleston. WVU Extension Service provides outreach with offices in all of West Virginia's 55 counties. Since 2001, WVU has been governed by the West Virginia University Board of Governors. Enrollment for the fall 2013 semester was 29,466 for the main campus, while enrollment across all campuses totaled 32,348.... more on Wikipedia
5624Agree or disagree?
- Location: Morgantown, West Virginia, United States of America
- School type: Land-grant university
- Sports: Basketball, American football
- Colors: Old gold, Blue
- Mascot: West Virginia University The Mountaineer
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Public domainConway, South CarolinaCoastal Carolina University, commonly referred to as CCU or Coastal, is a public, state-supported, liberal arts university in Conway, South Carolina, USA, located eight miles west of Myrtle Beach. Founded in 1954, Coastal became an independent university in 1993. The university is a national sea-grant institution and owns part of Waties Island, a 1,105-acre barrier island which serves as a natural laboratory. Coastal Carolina is also the home of the Horry County Schools Scholars Academy, a high school for gifted students.... more on Wikipedia
4218Agree or disagree?
- Location: Conway, South Carolina, United States of America
- School type: Public university
- Sports: Basketball, American football
- Colors: Bronze, Teal
- Mascot: Chauncey the Chanticleer
- Photo: Metaweb (FB)North Andover, MassachusettsMerrimack College is a private college in the Roman Catholic, Augustinian tradition located in North Andover, Massachusetts, 25 miles north of Boston, Massachusetts. It offers 90+ undergraduate academic programs in business, education, science, engineering, and the liberal arts. Merrimack also serves non-traditional students through part-time undergraduate degree programs; masters programs in accounting, education, health science, management, public affairs, and engineering; and a range of certificate, licensure and degree completion offerings. There are over 2,500 students from more than 20 states and 19 countries enrolled at Merrimack, 75% of whom reside on campus. Merrimack College has... more on Wikipedia
2110Agree or disagree?
- Location: North Andover, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Colors: Navy Blue, White, Gold
- Mascot: Warrior
- Photo: Metaweb (FB) / Fair useWashington, DCThe Catholic University of America is a private university located in Washington, D.C. in the United States. It is a pontifical university of the Catholic Church in the United States and the only institution of higher education founded by the U.S. Catholic bishops. Established in 1887 as a graduate and research center following approval by Pope Leo XIII on Easter Sunday, the university began offering undergraduate education in 1904. The university's campus lies within the Brookland neighborhood, known as "Little Rome", which contains 60 Catholic institutions, including Trinity Washington University and the Dominican House of Studies. It has been called one of the 25 most underrated colleges... more on Wikipedia
2010Agree or disagree?
- Location: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- School type: University
- Colors: White, Black, Gold, Red
- Mascot: The Catholic University of America Cardinal