If you're looking for comedy anime on Netflix, we've got you covered. Here are the funniest anime currently streaming on Netflix, ranked by otakus like you.
Some of these anime don't necessarily fall strictly into the comedy genre, but they certainly have comedic elements to them. Take Fairy Tail, for example, or Naruto. These shows feature a lot of fighting and drama, but will also make you laugh regularly. Other comedy anime on Netflix are more focused in their goal to make you laugh, like The Devil Is a Part-Timer! Imagine what it would be like to work with Satan at a fast food restaurant! You can imagine how funny this anime can get.
Vote up your favorite Netflix comedy anime on this list, or simply use the list as a recommendation guide to see what's currently streaming in 2018. The list will be updated as new series come to the service.
- 2,268129The Disastrous Life of Saiki K (J.C.Staff, 2016), also known as Saiki Kusuo no Sai-nan, is a Japanese gag anime series based on the manga by Shūichi Asō. Saiki Kusuo is a powerful psychic who hates... more
- 1,230187One-Punch Man is a Japanese superhero web manga created by ONE which began publication in early 2009. An anime television adaptation by Madhouse aired in Japan between October and December 2015.... more
- 1,023212The Seven Deadly Sins (MBS, 2014) is a Japanese fantasy anime series based on the manga by Nakaba Suzuki from A-1 Pictures. A once-active group of knights called the Seven Deadly Sins must band... more
- The Devil Is a Part-Timer! (Tokyo MX, 2013) is a Japanese light novel series written by Satoshi Wagahara, with illustrations by Oniku from White Fox animation studio. The Demon Lord Satan seeks to... more
- 30036Haikyu!! is a Japanese shonen manga series written and illustrated by Haruichi Furudate. Junior high school student Shōyō Hinata gains a sudden love of volleyball after seeing a national championship... more
Fairy TailNatsu Dragneel, along with his cat named Happy, has traveled to the town of Hargeon in search of a wizard named Salamander. Here he runs into a young woman named Lucy Heartfilia, a Celestial Wizard,...
- 438112Soul Eater (TV Tokyo, 2008) is a Japanese fantasy anime series based on the manga by Atsushi Okubo from Bones animation studio. Students at the famous Death Weapon Meister Academy learn how to... more
- Hunter × Hunter (Fuji TV, 2011), also known as Hunter x Hunter (2011), is a Japanese action anime series based on the manga by Yoshihiro Togashi from Madhouse animation studio. Twelve-year-old Gon... more
- 17422Maid Sama! (J.C.Staff, 2010), also known as Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, is a Japanese romantic comedy anime series based on the manga by Hiro Fujiwara. Misaki Ayuzawa, a strong and intelligent student... more
- 473170Naruto (TV Tokyo, 2002) is a Japanese action anime series based on the manga by Masashi Kishimoto from Studio Pierrot animation studio. Naruto Uzumaki, an adolescent ninja who searches for... more
- Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun (Doga Kobo, 2014) is a Japanese romantic comedy anime series based on the four-panel manga by Izumi Tsubaki. Art imitates life when Chiyo discovers her crush at school is a... more
- 21064Aggretsuko (Netflix, 2018) is a Japanese anime series based on the Sanrio character. A socially awkward accountant deals with her annoying co-workers by chugging beer and singing death metal.... more
Back Street Girls -GOKUDOLS-
- Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (A-1 Pictures, 2012) is a Japanese fantasy adventure anime series based on the manga by Shinobu Ohtaka. Aladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana go their separate ways after... more
- 231103Kill la Kill (Trigger, 2013) is a Japanese action anime series. Ryuko is a vagrant schoolgirl traveling from place to place searching for clues that will lead her to the truth behind her father's... more
- 8411Haikyu!! (Production I.G, 2014) is a Japanese sports anime television series based on the manga by Haruichi Furudate. Inspired by a championship match he sees on TV, junior high schooler Hinata joins... more
- Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma (J.C.Staff, 2015), also known simply as Food Wars, is a Japanese cooking anime series based on the manga by Yuto Tsukuda and Shun Saeki. Soma Yukihira enrolls in an... more
- 8414Toradora! (J.C.Staff, 2008) is a Japanese romantic comedy anime series based on the light novel series by Yuyuko Takemiya, with illustrations by Yasu. Menacing in appearance but gentle at heart,... more
- 18586Inu Yasha is a fictional character from 2000 TV anime series Inu Yasha.... more
- 8515Cells at Work! (David Production, 2018) is a Japanese anime series based on the manga by Akane Shimizu. The story takes place inside the human body, focusing on a rookie red blood cell, AE3803, who... more
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! (Netflix, 2012) is a Japanese anime series based on the light novel series by Torako. High schooler Yuta wants to leave his past as a delusional weirdo behind.... more
- 7621Hi Score Girl (Netflix, 2018) is a Japanese anime series based on the manga by Rensuke Oshikiri. A chronic gamer abysmally inept in academics and sports finally meets his match at his local arcade -... more
- Great Pretender (Wit Studio, 2020) is a Japanese crime comedy anime television series. Supposedly Japan's greatest swindler, Makoto Edamura gets more than he bargained for when he tries to con... more
- Teasing Master Takagi-san (Netflix, 2018) is a Japanese anime series based on the manga by Sōichirō Yamamoto. Middle schooler Takagi, who likes her classmate Nishikata, enjoys teasing him with... more
- 12279Durarara!! (Brain's Base, 2010), often shortened to DRRR!!, is a Japanese supernatural anime series based on the light novel by Ryohgo Narita and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. A young man looking... more