A lot of children's first introduction to comic book characters come in the form of animated television shows. Sure, nowadays we have big blockbuster films, live-actions shows, and an enormous amount of video games, but many comic book fans today can trace back the origin of the start of their obsession to comic book cartoons.
Some comic book shows liked to do their own thing and create original stories, but some of the most notable shows are the "X-Men" and "Batman" animated shows from the '90s that were as faithful as they could be to the original comic book storylines.
Not all of them are well received. Shows like "Ultimate Spider-Man" and "Beware the Batman" have fans all riled up.
Here we have a list of all the greatest comic book cartoons ever made. We all have our favorites, but which one is the best? That's for all of you to decide. Make sure to vote up all your favorite comic book animated shows.What are the best comic cartoons?
- A shadowy portrayal of the Caped Crusader and his alter-ego.
- Justice League is an American animated television series which ran from 2001 to 2004 on Cartoon Network. It is part of the DC animated universe. The show was produced by Warner Bros. Animation. It is ...more
- A superhero with spider-like skills fights villains.
- Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and others join forces to battle crime.
- A new Dark Knight protects the Gotham of the future.
- The lives of teenage heroes as members of a covert operation team: Young Justice.
- Mutant heroes live in New York sewers and train in martial arts to protect the city from crime.
- The half-hour may feature either the caped crusader or the man of steel.
- Five young heroes live together and battle their nemeses.
- Superman battles evil while trying to conceal his alter ego, Clark Kent.
- Scrooge McDuck's globetrotting quests to gain more wealth.
- Some of the Earth's mightiest heroes join a freedom fighting alliance.
- A man equipped with a shield fights for good in a world that shuns him.
- People discover mutant powers and must decide how to use them.
- A group of mutants must work together to protect the future of the world.
- People dressed in tights and capes set out to save the world.
- Tales of a 16 year old Peter Parker and the origins of Spiderman.
- The animated adventures of a mysterious being who uses his dark powers against the forces of evil.
- The Justice League of America battles crime.
- A boy who can channel electricity fights evil.
- The webslinger joins forces with Iceman and Firestar.
- Bruce Wayne, as a young adult, finds his way in Gotham as defender, protector and Caped Crusader.
- The adventures of the Green Lantern, Hall Jordan and Kilowog.
- Spider-Man (Marvel Productions, 1981) is an American animated TV series based on the popular Marvel Comics character of the same name. This version of the super hero featured Peter Parker (Ted ...more
- Scrooge McDuck, Huey, Dewey, Louie, Donald Duck, and their team embark on amazing adventures.