Country music is the most popular genre of music and its popularity stems from classic country songs such as these from the 1990s that have paved the way for other, more current artists. Country songs are steeped in Americana and tell the story of ordinary, hard working, hard drinking, and long suffering people just like many of us. Some of the best songs came from the 1970s and the 1980s as well.These are songs from top classic country artists such as Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, Faith Hill, and LeAnn Rimes. Vote up the greatest 1990s country songs, or add any good song that makes you love '90s country music, it if it isn't already on the list.
- The ultimate country party crashing song is from this Garth Brooks 1990 tune
Should've Been a Cowboy, Toby Keith's debut single, reached #1 in 1993.
- This 1990 song won Garth Brooks an award for best country newcomer.
The second single off of Carrying Your Love with Me, the title track reached #1 in 1997 becoming Strait's 32nd #1 single of his career.
- This song was a hit for George Strait in 1992 when it was part of the movie "Pure Country"
- Another 1991 hit for Garth Brooks about a woman catching her husband in an affiar
- Was a hit song off the similarly titled Alan Jackson album from 1991
- This 1992 song was a hit for Boorks and Dunn and stayed at #1 for four weeks
- This 1993 Alan Jackson tune went gold
- This 1991 Garth Brooks song hit #1 on the charts
- Shania's first #1 single came with this 1995 hit.
- George Strait was back with another hit in 1999 with this country tune.
- This 1994 song was Tim McGraw's first #1 hit.