It's going to the moon! The greatest cryptocurrencies have changed the financial markets and raised the money game to new heights that were unheard of only years ago. As digital cryptocurrency strives to fix the problems of traditional finance by putting power and responsibility in the hands of currency holders, new cryptocurrencies are developed every day. Currently, there are hundreds of cryptocurrencies on the market, all serving different purposes and making new waves in technology. So, what is the best cryptocurrency?
The best cryptocurrencies typically provide a store of value and have a limited supply to increase demand, such as Bitcoin (BTC) or yEarn Finance (YFI). Or they are the currency of a decentralized network or "stack" where apps can be built, like Ethereum (ETH) or Cardano (ADA). Or maybe they are just fun alt-coins to hold and watch rocket to the moon(!), as are Dogecoin (DOGE) and Shiba Inu (SHIB).
Vote up your favorite cryptocurrencies and help decide which cryptocurrency is going to the moon and beyond! Then, head on over and find out which celebs love cryptocurrency.
Disclaimer: This list is for general information use. The information below does not constitute financial advice and nothing contained in this website should be construed as investment advice.
- 8,1776,534XTZTezos (XTZ) is a cryptocurrency created by Arthur Breitman in 2014. Tezos is a decentralized, open-source blockchain network that can execute peer-to-peer transactions and serve as a platform for... more
EthereumETHEthereum (ETH) is a cryptocurrency created by Vitalik Buterin in 2013. Ethereum is a decentralized, open-source blockchain with smart contract functionality, and is the most actively used blockchain.... more
- 7,1856,165BTCBitcoin (BTC) is a cryptocurrency created by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009. The cryptocurrency is a decentralized digital currency that can be sent from user to user on the peer-to-peer bitcoin network... more
IotaMIOTAIota (MIOTA) is a cryptocurrency created by David Sønstebø, Dominik Schiener, Sergey Ivancheglo, and Serguei Popov in 2015. IOTA is an open-source distributed ledger and cryptocurrency designed for... more
- 1,8012,047HBARHedera Hashgraph (HBAR) is a cryptocurrency created by Leemon Baird and Mance Harmon in 2018. The cryptocurrency isn’t built on top of a conventional blockchain, instead, it introduces a completely... more
- 1,5351,932EGLDElrond (EGLD) is a cryptocurrency created by Beniamin and Lucian Mincu in 2017.The cryptocurrency is a public blockchain that's developed a novel consensus mechanism called Secure Proof-of-Stake. It... more
- 2,8024,325ALGOAlgorand (ALGO) is a cryptocurrency created by Silvio Micali in 2019. The cryptocurrency was invented to speed up transactions and improve efficiency, in response to the slow transaction times of... more
NanoNANONano (NANO) is a cryptocurrency created by Colin LeMahieu in 2015. Formerly known as RaiBlocks, Nano is a peer-to-peer digital currency. It is a decentralized, open-source cryptocurrency based on... more
- 387622GRTThe Graph (GRT) is a cryptocurrency created by Yaniv Tal, Brandon Ramirez, and Jannis Pohlmann in 2018. The cryptocurrency brings a reliable decentralized public infrastructure to the mainstream... more
PolkadotDOTPolkadota (DOT) is a cryptocurrency created by Ethereum co-founder Gavin Wood, Robert Habermeier and Peter Czaban in 2016. Polkadot is a heterogeneous multi-chain interchange and translation... more
- 205460KLAYKlaytn (KLAY) is a cryptocurrency created by the Kakao Corporation's subsidiary GroundX in 2021. Kakao’s global public Blockchain project Klaytn is an enterprise-grade, service-centric platform that... more
CardanoADACardano (ADA) is a cryptocurrency created by Charles Hoskinson in 2015. Cardano is a public blockchain platform, open source, and decentralized, with consensus achieved using proof of stake. It can... more
NIMNimiq (NIM) is a cryptocurrency created by Elion Chin and Robin Linus in 2017. Nimiq is a blockchain ecosystem for payments designed to make cryptocurrencies easy to use for everyone without... more
- 200462HTHuobi Token (HT) is a cryptocurrency created by Leon Li in 2013. Huobi is a Seychelles-based cryptocurrency exchange which processedsaround US $1 billion in trades daily.... more
CosmosATOMCosmos (ATOM) is a cryptocurrency created by Ethan Buchman and Jae Kwon in 2016. The Cosmos network consists of many independent, parallel blockchains, called zones, each powered by classical... more
- 1,0772,381CAKEPancake Swap (CAKE) is a cryptocurrency created by an anonymous team in 2020. Pancake Swap is an automated market maker and Decentralized Exchange (DEX) that allows tokens to be exchanged on the... more
- 1,3943,131BATBasic Attention Token (BAT) is a cryptocurrency created by Brendan Eich and Brian Bondy in 2017. The cryptocurrency is primarily used as a payment token for running advertising campaigns through... more
- 1,1902,871USDCUSD Coin (USDC) is a cryptocurrency created by Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville at Circle in 2018. USD Coin is a digital stablecoin that is pegged to the United States dollar and runs on the Ethereum,... more
ChainlinkLINKChainlink (LINK) is a cryptocurrency created by Sergey Nazarov, Ari Juels, and Steve Ellis in 2017. Chainlink (or Link) is a decentralized oracle network and cryptocurrency that provides real-world... more
MoneroXMRMonero (XMR) is a cryptocurrency created by Nicolas van Saberhagen in 2014. Monero is a privacy-focused cryptocurrency and an open-source protocol based on the CryptoNote application layer. It uses... more
- 9122,360VETVeChain (VET) is a cryptocurrency created by Sunny Lu in 2016. VeChain is a blockchain platform designed to enhance supply chain management and business processes. Its goal is to streamline these... more
TetherUSDTTether (USDT) is a cryptocurrency created by Brock Pierce, Reeve Collins, and Craig Sellars in 2014. Tether is a stablecoin and was originally designed to always be worth $1.00, maintaining $1.00 in... more
- 7551,995RUNETHORChain (RUNE) is a cryptocurrency created by Kai Ansaari in 2018. The cryptocurrency combines a range of novel technologies, including on-way state pegs, a state machine, the Bifröst Signer Module... more
- 1,0552,781BCHBitcoin Cash (BCH) is a cryptocurrency that is a fork of Bitcoin created in 2017. Bitcoin Cash increased the size of blocks, allowing more transactions to be processed and improving scalability.... more
- 9442,512XLMStellar Lumens (XLM) is a cryptocurrency created by Jed McCaleb and Joyce Kim in 2014. Stellar Lumens, is an open source, decentralized protocol for digital currency to fiat money low-cost transfers... more