Looking for a laugh? These are the very best comedies on ABC, ranked from best to worst by user votes. The best current ABC comedies provide funny business every week, but they also have characters viewers truly care about. With this list of current ABC comedy shows, you can help determine just which current ABC comedy series has the biggest laughs, greatest characters, and best all-around quality.
Which sitcoms can you expect to find on our top current ABC comedy shows list? Thanks to clever writing and a hilarious cast, Black-ish has become a big hit for ABC. The Goldbergs is another current ABC sitcom. Jimmy Kimmel Live!, and Black-ish have been running on ABC for years and they remain fan favorites. Other great ABC comedies currently airing new episodes include The Conners and Home Economics.
Do you have a favorite comedy currently airing on ABC? How does it stack up to the best sitcoms on the air? Vote up the best shows so that they climb to the top of the list and downvote the series that you hope don't stay current for long. If we've missed any great current ABC comedies, add them to the list.
- The Goldbergs (ABC, 2013) is an American television sitcom created by Adam F. Goldberg. Adam (Sean Giambrone), a geeky 11-year-old, uses a video camera to document his crazy family throughout the 1980s. ...more
- Actors: Wendi McLendon-Covey, Sean Giambrone, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, Sam Lerner
- Premiered: September 24, 2013
- Black-ish (ABC, 2014) is an American sitcom created by Kenya Barris. A family man (Anthony Anderson) struggles to gain a sense of cultural identity while raising his kids in a predominantly white, upper-middle-class neighborhood. ...more
- Actors: Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, Marcus Scribner, Miles Brown
- Premiered: September 24, 2014
- Crotch kicks, anyone? Amateur videographers in the U.S. submit ones of their kids, pets, friends and families in funny situations -- often embarrassing -- with the hope of winning thousands in prize money. Each week, the studio audience determines a winner by voting for the one they find most-hilarious. At the end of the season, weekly winners compete for the grand prize. Actor -- and "Dancing With the Stars" Season 19 champion -- Alfonso Ribeiro serves as the host, and Vin Di Bona is the executive producer. ...more
- Actors: Tom Bergeron, Jess Harnell, Bob Saget
- Premiered: January 14, 1990
- Emmy-winning funnyman Jimmy Kimmel serves up comedy bits and welcomes guests that include other comics, celebrities, athletes and musicians, as well as everyday people with unusual or compelling personal stories. Kimmel's family and friends take part in the festivities, including his Cousin Sal, Uncle Frank (until his death in 2011) and childhood friend Cleto Escobedo III, who leads the show's house band. Recurring segments include the FCC-pleasing This Week in Unnecessary Censorship in which they take TV clips and "bleep and blur things whether they need it or not," as Kimmel describes it. But it's too bad they consistently run out of time for Matt Damon's segment. ...more
- Actors: Jimmy Kimmel, Cleto Escobedo III, Dicky Barrett
- Premiered: January 27, 2003