These are the best Black sitcoms on the air, ranked from best to worst by user votes. Some good current African American comedy shows center on family life, while others are decidedly less traditional. A few of the top current Black sitcoms feature hilarious stand-up comedians in starring roles.
What shows appear on this best current Black sitcoms list? After premiering in 2014, Black-ish quickly became a hit Black comedy show for ABC and one of the best Black sitcoms of the decade. Insecure is another one of the best Black sitcoms currently on television.
Other good Black comedies that appear on this top current Black sitcoms list include Black-ish spinoffs, Grown-ish, and Mixed-ish.
Which current Black comedy show is your favorite? Give the best shows a thumbs up!
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYBlack-ish (ABC, 2014) is an American sitcom created by Kenya Barris. A family man (Anthony Anderson) struggles to gain a sense of cultural identity while raising his kids in a predominantly white, upper-middle-class neighborhood.... more
- Actors: Anthony Anderson, Tracee Ellis Ross, Yara Shahidi, Marcus Scribner, Miles Brown
- Premiered: 2014
- Number of Seasons: 3
- Photo: ABCGrown-ish (Freeform, 2018) is an American sitcom series and a spin-off of Black-ish created by Kenya Barris. When the Johnsons' eldest daughter Zoey (Yara Shahidi) heads off to college to begin her journey to adulthood, she quickly discovers that not everything goes her way once she leaves the nest.... more
- Actors: Yara Shahidi, Trevor Jackson, Chris Parnell, Francia Raisa, Emily Arlook
- Premiered: 2018
- Number of Seasons: 3
- Photo: Metaweb / GNU Free Documentation LicenseInsecure (HBO, 2016) is an American comedy-drama series created by Issa Rae and Larry Wilmore, based on the web series Awkward Black Girl. Black female friends Issa (Issa Rae) and Molly (Yvonne Orji) navigate through life while dealing with friendships, love, and careers.... more
- Actors: Issa Rae, Jay Ellis, Yvonne Orji, Lisa Joyce, Natasha Rothwell
- Premiered: 2016
- Number of Seasons: 4
- Mixed-ish (ABC, 2019), stylized as mixed•ish, is an American single-camera sitcom created by Kenya Barris and Peter Saji, and a prequel spin-off of Black-ish and the second series to be spun-off from the primary series. The series chronicles the early years of Rainbow Johnson (Arica Himmel) as she recounts her experience growing up in a mixed-race family in the 1980s and the dilemmas they faced over whether to assimilate or stay true to themselves when her parents move from a hippie commune to the suburbs.... more
- Actors: Arica Himmell, Tika Sumpter, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Gary Cole
- Premiered: 2019
- Number of Seasons: 1