These are the best current British sitcoms, ranked from best to worst by user votes. Some top current British comedy shows are full of hilariously silly comedy, while others focus more on politically incorrect humor. A few of the funniest current British sitcoms are also big hits with American fans and across the globe.
What programs will you find on this best current British sitcoms list? While also appearing in American sitcoms, English actor and comedian Matt Berry returned to British television with his current series, Year of the Rabbit. The comedy soap opera The Windsors re-imagines the British Royal Family in a sitcom situation and Toast of London is another good comedy show currently airing on British television. Other great shows that appear on this top current British sitcoms list include Intelligence, Upstart Crow, and Plebs.
What are television's best British sitcoms? Did the comedies you think were the best make this list? Vote up the funny British shows you think are the best and see where your favorites rank.
- Ghosts (BBC One, 2019) is a British sitcom television series created by Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Martha Howe-Douglas, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard, and Ben Willbond. The show follows a collection of ghosts from different historical periods haunting a country house while sharing the house with its new living occupants.... more
- Actors: Martha Howe-Douglas, Mathew Baynton, Simon Farnaby, Jim Howick, Laurence Rickard
- Premiered: April 15, 2019
- Genres: Comedy
- Photo: BBC OneNot Going Out is a British television sitcom that has aired on BBC One since 2006 starring Lee Mack, Tim Vine, and Sally Bretton. Recurring roles throughout the series have been portrayed by Miranda Hart, Katy Wix, Megan Dodds, Simon Dutton, Bobby Ball, Hugh Dennis, and Abigail Cruttenden. Mack and Andrew Collins were the initial writers for the show, with Paul Kerensa, Simon Evans and Daniel Peak joining the writing staff in later series. The show was originally cancelled by the BBC in 2009, whilst the third series was still airing - but the decision was later reversed due to a combination of strong DVD sales, and an online petition leading to the show receiving a renewal for a fourth... more
- Actors: Miranda Hart, Lee Mack, Megan Dodds, Tim Vine, Sally Bretton
- Premiered: 2006
- Genres: Sitcom, Comedy
- Photo: Channel 4, NetflixThe Windsors (Channel 4, 2016) is a British sitcom created by George Jeffrie and Bert Tyler-Moore. The parody series tells the story of the British Royal family, but re-imagined through the lens of a soap opera. Although the stories are completely fictional, they are inspired by real events.... more
- Actors: Harry Enfield, Haydn Gwynne, Hugh Skinner, Louise Ford, Richard Goulding
- Premiered: 2016
- Genres: Comedy, Parody
- Photo: Back4
BackBack (Channel 4, 2017) is a British sitcom created by Simon Blackwell. After the death of his father, Stephen (David Mitchell) takes over the family pub, while former foster child Andrew (Robert Webb), who is well-liked by Stephen's family, makes his return.... more
- Actors: David Mitchell, Robert Webb, Penny Downie
- Premiered: 2017
- Genres: Sitcom