Television fans love TV crime shows for so many reasons. Crime and criminal shows come in so many shapes and sizes that it can be hard to nail down which one is really the best. Sometimes they're funny, sometimes they're romantic, sometimes they're creepy and sometimes they're pure dramas. Crime shows often include the best TV policemen and detectives, memorable characters with strong problem solving skills. Best of all though, they give us a look at crime from all different angles.
On Blacklist, you see the perspective of a master criminal, while Criminal Minds and Mindhunter take fans inside the minds of the worst of the worst.
Some of the best crime series have already come and gone. Shows like The Mentalist and White Collar have ended and great older crime TV shows like The Sopranos and Murder, She Wrote have long since passed into crime show history, while others have stuck around and become the best crime dramas of the past decade. Along the way, viewers have also been subjected to some truly awful crime shows. Luckily, right now, there are plenty of great crime shows to choose from. Whether you like your investigations with a touch of humor or with heaps of suspense, there's something for everyone nowadays when it comes to crime dramas on TV.
Check out this list of the top crime shows currently on TV and upvote the series you think are the greatest.
- Capt. Benson and her NYPD squad fight for justice in cases ripped straight from the headlines.
- Special agents investigate crimes related to the Navy and Marine Corps.
- Chicago P.D.'s Intelligence Unit investigates formidable offenses to deliver justice for the city.
- A middle-aged small-town man decides to pursue his dream of becoming an LAPD officer.
- "Red" Reddington agrees to work with the FBI, on the condition he'll only work with profiler Keen.
- Agents use all of their talents, intellect and expertise to keep New York and the country safe.
- A Los Angeles S.W.A.T. lieutenant balances loyalty to the job and to the streets where he grew up.
- OSP agents track criminals who threaten national security.
- A multigenerational family of police officers dedicated to enforcing the law in New York.
- The lives and careers of emergency response providers who put their lives at risk to save others.
- A tenacious homicide detective works to solve crimes in the Hollywood Division of Los Angeles.
- Six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White, he is known as small-time lawyer Jimmy McGill.
- A self-destructive detective shines a light into the hearts and minds of psychopaths and killers.
- A detective inspector is transferred from London to the island of Saint-Marie in the Caribbean.
- A crime-drama anthology that investigates the psychological motives behind homicides.
- After his mother's death, Joshua "J" Cody moves in with his freewheeling relatives.
- A new case and characters are followed each season in this anthology series set in the Midwest.
- Can DS Marcella Backland separate her professional and personal life?
- Detective William Murdoch uses radical techniques to solve murders.
- EZ Reyes must carve out a new identity in the town where he grew up.
- An obsessive 20-something uses the digital age to make a woman fall in love with him.
- Bumpy Johnson battles the Genovese crime family to regain control of the neighborhood he once ruled.
- Criminal: UK, Criminal: France, Criminal: Germany, and Criminal: Spain (Netflix, 2019) are parts of a police procedural anthology series created by Kay Smith and Jim Field Smith. The series takes ...more
- The chaotic behind-the-scenes dealings and maneuvering on both sides of the O.J. Simpson trial.
- Private investigator Alexa Crow fights the good fight, whether it be crime or her everyday life.