These are the best current legal TV shows, ranked from best to worst by user votes. The best current legal TV shows find drama in a variety of legal cases as well as through the main characters' personal lives. Some great current legal series follow the story from the lawyer's point of view while others give the judge's perspective. There are even some good current legal TV shows that tell their stories by incorporating the Detectives working he case.
What are some of the shows that appear on this best current legal TV series list? Since premiering in 1996, Judge Judy has become must-see television for any fan of reality law shows. Judge Judith Sheindlin's no-nonsense approach to justice has helped her to become a worldwide celebrity. The Good Fight, a spin-off of The Good Wife, is another good legal showing currently airing on television.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit follows every aspect of the legal proceedings from the investigation to the arrest to the courtroom. Other good shows that are featured on this top current legal TV series list include Bull, Better Call Saul and Chrissy's Court.
Do you have a favorite current legal show? Give the legal series a fair trial and vote up your favorites.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC, 1999) is an American police procedural, legal, crime drama television series set in New York City. In the style of the original Law & Order, episodes are often "ripped from the headlines" or loosely based on real occurrences that have received media attention. Created and produced by Dick Wolf, the series premiered on NBC on September 20, 1999, as the first spin-off of Wolf's successful crime drama, Law & Order.... more on Wikipedia
4021Love this legal show?
- Actors: Mariska Hargitay, Christopher Meloni, Ice-T
- Premiered: 1999
BullPhoto: user uploaded imageBull (CBS, 2016) is an American drama television series created by Phil McGraw and Paul Attanasio, based on the early days of talk show host Dr. Phil. Psychologist and trial science expert Dr. Jason Bull (Michael Weatherly) uses his skills and those of his team not only to select the right jurors for his clients, but to help his clients' lawyers decide which type of argument will win over jurors best.... more on Wikipedia
3024Love this legal show?
- Actors: Michael Weatherly, Freddy Rodriguez, Geneva Carr, Christopher Jackson, Jaime Lee Kirchner
- Premiered: 2016
- Photo: Kudos Film and TelevisionLaw & Order: UK is a British police procedural and legal television programme, adapted from the American series Law & Order. The programme is financed by the production companies Kudos Film and Television, Wolf Films, and Universal Media Studios. Head writer Chris Chibnall based the first series of episodes on scripts and episodes of the parent series. Based in London, and following the formula of the original, Law & Order: UK stars Bradley Walsh, Ben Bailey Smith, Sharon Small, Dominic Rowan, Georgia Taylor and Peter Davison. Law & Order: UK became the first American drama television series to be adapted for British television. In August 2012, ITV announced that they had renewed the show... more on Wikipedia
4449Love this legal show?
- Actors: Bradley Walsh, Robert Glenister, Harriet Walter
- Premiered: 2009
- Photo: Metaweb / CC-BYJudge Judy is an American arbitration-based reality court show presided over by retired Manhattan Family Court Judge Judith Sheindlin. The show features Sheindlin adjudicating real-life small claim disputes within a simulated courtroom set. All parties involved must sign contracts agreeing to arbitration under Sheindlin. The series is in first-run syndication and distributed by CBS Television Distribution. Judge Judy, which premiered on September 16, 1996, reportedly revitalized the court show genre. Only two other arbitration-based reality court shows preceded it, The People's Court and Jones & Jury. Sheindlin has been credited with introducing the "tough" adjudicating approach into the... more on Wikipedia
2223Love this legal show?
- Actors: Judy Sheindlin, Petri Hawkins-Byrd, Jerry Bishop
- Premiered: 1996