While laugh tracks aren't necessarily fashionable anymore, some of the funniest current TV shows still employ a laugh track that doesn't take away from the program. The best modern shows with laugh tracks come in many forms. Some funny TV shows with laugh tracks are on streaming services while other good comedies with a laugh track air on network television. Some shows claim that they exclusively use laughter from a live studio audience, but many suspect the aid of canned laughter - especially in recent years as "laugh box" technology has improved.
What shows will you find on this list of the top laugh track TV series? Fuller House, which airs on Netflix, adds to the Tanner family fun with a laugh track in each episode. Other good recent shows that use a laugh track include The Ranch and Man with a Plan and Mom.
So, do you have a favorite comedies that use a laugh track? Vote up the best sitcoms with a laugh track and see what other modern shows have resorted to canned laughter.
- Photo: flickr / CC01Bonnie, a recovering alcoholic, focuses on her marriage to her husband, Adam, and on what she wants to be now that she's finally grown up. Now more than ever, Bonnie depends on the support of her friends, including the wise Marjorie, the wealthy and sometimes misguided Jill, the overly emotional Wendy, and her foster sister, Tammy, who was recently released from prison. Collectively, they help each other overcome their mistakes and stay sober in the face of whatever life throws at them. ...more
- Actors: Allison Janney, Mimi Kennedy, Jaime Pressly, Beth Hall, William Fichtner
- Premiered: September 23, 2013
- Photo: Wikimedia Commons / CC-BYA contractor takes a more active role in his kids' lives when his wife goes back to work. ...more
- Actors: Matt LeBlanc, Liza Snyder, Kevin Nealon, Kali Rocha, Stacy Keach
- Premiered: October 24, 2016
- Photo: Will & Grace / NBCWill & Grace is an American sitcom, based on the relationship between Will Truman and Grace Adler, and is set in New York City. It was broadcast on NBC from September 21, 1998 to May 18, 2006, for a total of eight seasons. Will & Grace, during its original run, was the most successful television series with gay principal characters. It remains popular in syndication. Despite initial criticism for its particular portrayal of homosexual characters, it went on to become a staple of NBC's Must See TV Thursday night lineup and was met with continued critical acclaim. It was ensconced in the Nielsen top 20 for half of its network run. The show was the highest-rated sitcom among adults 18–49, from ...more
- Actors: Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes, Megan Mullally
- Premiered: September 28, 2017
- Photo: One Day At A Time / NetflixOne Day at a Time (Netflix, 2017) is a 2017 sitcom loosely based on the 1975 Norman Lear series of the same name. Penelope Alvarez (Justina Machado) is a newly-single Army Nursing Corps veteran raising her two children with the support of her colorful Cuban mother, Lydia (Rita Moreno). She works a regular shift as a nurse for Dr. Leslie Berkowitz (Stephen Tobolowsky) while dealing with unresolved issues from her time in the Army and her estranged husband, Victor Alvarez (James Martinez). ...more
- Actors: Rita Moreno, Justina Machado, Stephen Tobolowsky, Todd Grinnell, Isabella Gomez
- Premiered: January 6, 2017