Any true horror fan already knows about Shudder TV, the premium streaming service that brings scare fanatics spine tingling original and acquired content in the form of TV series and films. Whats on Shudder right now? Check out these Shudder shows and acquisitions that are sure to satisfy any fan of suspense, thriller, and horror. From old favorites to reboots sure to send a shiver of joy up your spine, the shows on Shudder are sure to delight any horror fanatic.
AMC launched the fright-filled streaming service in 2005. Since then, the service has created a host of new original content. One of its most talked about projects, Primal Screen, is a unique horror documentary series. It gets to the root of why people are both, "simultaneously attracted to and repelled by the things that scare us the most." The service has also imported killer TV shows from all over the world. Some of their most popular series include the Swedish TV series Jordskott and the Scandinavian series Black Lake. In 2019 Shudder also released Critters: A New Binge and Creepshow, bringing classics to the modern era.
Horror fans can get dozens of Shudder shows for under $5 a month. Which current Shudder shows are your favorite? Make your voice heard and vote thumbs up or down on all the Shudder shows below.
- The Dead Lands (Shudder, 2020) is a New Zealand action-horror television series based on the 2014 film of the same name. In ancient Maori times, an undead warrior and a young tribeswoman team up to ...more
- Cursed Films (Shudder, 2020) is a horror-thriller documentary series directed by Jay Cheel. The documentary series explores the myths and legends behind some of Hollywood's notoriously cursed horror ...more
- Creepshow (Shudder, 2019) is an American horror anthology television series and a continuation of the first two films in the Creepshow franchise. Each episode of the series features two stories, ...more
- Fear Itself was a horror/suspense anthology television series shot in the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, with some additional shooting in the city of St. Albert and the town of Devon, Alberta. It ...more
- A Discovery of Witches (2018, Sky One) is a British fantasy drama series based on the All Souls historical fantasy trilogy by Deborah Harkness. When Diana Bishop (Theresa Palmer), a historian and ...more
- Wolf Creek (Stan, 2016) is an Australian horror television series and a spin-off of the movies Wolf Creek and Wolf Creek 2. Each season follows a different lead or situation that is encountered by ...more
- The Last Drive-In With Joe Bob Briggs (Shudder, 2018) is an American horror variety television marathon series and a spin-off of MonsterVision. The 26-hour and 35-minute block of films featured 13 of ...more
- Slasher (Chiller, 2016) is a Canadian television horror anthology series created by Aaron Martin. A young woman (Katie McGrath) returns to the small town where her parents were murdered, only to find ...more
- Deadwax (Shudder, 2018), also stylized deadwax, is a 2018 American horror television series. Record finder Etta Price (Hannah Gross) is hired to track down a rare vinyl record rumored to have the ...more
Neil Gaiman's Likely Stories
Neil Gaiman's Likely Stories (2016) is an american television anthology miniseries. Each episode adapts one of Neil Gaiman's short stories.
- NOS4A2 (AMC, 2019) is an American supernatural horror drama television series created by Jami O'Brien, based on the novel by Joe Hill. After discovering a supernatural ability to unlock portals, a ...more
- Missions (OCS, 2017) is a French science-fiction television series. Set in the near future, it depicts the first manned space mission to Mars, while Jeanne Renoir (Hélène Viviès), the crew ...more
- Todd and the Book of Pure Evil (SPACE, 2010) is a Canadian comedy horror television series created by Craig David Wallace, Charles Picco, and Anthony Leo. The series follows a group of high school ...more
- The Core (Shudder, 2017) is an American documentary television talk show. Host Mickey Keating and his guests examine the onscreen techniques and real-life psychologies that strike fear into ...more
- Eli Roth's History of Horror (BBC Four, 2018) is an American documentary horror television series. Host Eli Roth takes an in-depth look at the history and pop cultural significance of horror films.
- Jordskott (SVT 2015), is a Swedish fantasy thriller television series. Police detective Eva Thörnblad (Moa Gammel), returns to her hometown of Silverhöjd, seven years after her daughter Josefine ...more
- Primal Screen (Shudder, 2017) is an American documentary horror television series. The show explores the pop culture that left dark impressions on people as children and pop-culture artifacts that ...more
Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics
Robert Kirkman's Secret History of comics (2017) is an American television documentary series. The six-part, one-hour documentary series takes a deeper look into the stories, people and events that have transformed the world of comic books.
Trepalium (ARTE, 2016) is a French sci-fi drama. The economic situation is a nightmare: only 20% of the population is employed. The Actives live inside the city. On the fringes, in the Zone, live the Jobless. Separating them is a wall.
Supermax (Rede Globo, 2016) is a Brazilian horror action television series. Twelve people are confined together in an abandoned maximum security prison in the middle of the Amazon forest, and end up having to fight for their lives against unknown creatures, supernatural odds and their worst enemy: themselves.
- Ängelby (SVTV1, 2015) is a Swedish mystery television drama series created by Johan Kindblom and Tomas Tivemark. The show follows Vera Fors (Mia Skäringer), an ordinary mother-of-two whose life is ...more
- True Horror (Channel 4, 2018) is a British documentary horror television miniseries. The five episodes of this limited series draw on the testimonies from people at the center of each story and other ...more
- Weinberg (TNT Serie, 2015) is a German mystery and thriller television drama. After waking up disoriented in a vineyard in the German Ahr area, Johannes Fuchs (Friedrich Mücke) sees a body in the ...more
- Behind the Monsters (Shudder, 2021) is an American documentary series. The series explores how Chucky, Michael Myers, Pinhead and more came to be icons of the horror genre, featuring interviews with ...more
- Black Lake (TV3, 2016), also called "Svartsjön" in Swedish, is a Scandinavian thriller television series. Based around a disused ski resort in the north of Sweden, the story follows a group of ...more