There's a certain type of entertainment that is universally loved, simple in premise, and so much fun to watch... And yet most people won't admit to watching it. Admit it: You know you love trashy TV. Why? Because those "bad" television shows are your binge-worthy guilty pleasures. They are basically the TV equivalent of eating a Big Mac with fries - oh so delicious, but without any other redeeming qualities. Trashy TV at it's best is easy to follow, delectably low-brow, and undeniably great - as long as you don't overdo it (but even then, sometimes a reality binge-watch is necessary)
Whether it's following all the Real Housewives drama (and with so many shows, there's a lot of it), to watching someone get "catfished" (seriously, how is this still happening?), or trying to guess who is going to hook up with whom on Below Deck, this is the definitive list of trashy shows that you can't help but love. And it's not just reality shows, scripted series can be just as sinfully delicious, like Grey's Anatomy and Riverdale (so perfect, so trashy, so surreal).
There's something so addicting and refreshing about losing yourself completely in a show, especially when you don't have to follow too closely in order to enjoy them at the end of a stressful day. So, which are the best trasy shows? Vote up the trashy shows you think are the best and see where the garbage shows you love rank.
- True Life (MTV, 1998) is an American documentary television series. Each episode follows a particular topic such as drug use, money issues, and sexuality, and the show is created by following a ...more
- Strangers, cut off from the outside world, coexist in an isolated house.
- Below Deck (Bravo, 2013) is an American reality television series. It chronicles the lives of the crew members who work and reside aboard a mega-yacht during charter season.
- Jersey Shore: Family Vacation (MTV, 2018) is an American reality television series developed by SallyAnn Salsano. Six years after the end of Jersey Shore, the housemates are reunited as they spend a ...more
- Restaurateur Lisa Vanderpump oversees a group of staff members who lead drama-filled lives.
- Jon Taffer is the Gordon Ramsay of the bar and nightclub business. In each episode of this series, Taffer helps transform a struggling bar into a vibrant, profitable business, utilizing his expertise ...more
- Floor is Lava (Netflix, 2020) is an American reality television show television series. Teams compete to navigate rooms flooded with lava by leaping from chairs, hanging from curtains and swinging ...more
- Joe Millionaire: For Richer or Poorer (Fox, 2022) is an American reality dating series rebooted from the original 2003 series of the same name. The series will feature two single men, one is an ...more
- Paranormal investigator Zak Bagans leads his team of co-investigators at haunted locations both in America and abroad, interviewing locals about alleged hauntings before going face to face with ...more
- Dallas is the setting for the first "Real Housewives" show that calls Texas home. People who live in the Lone Star State are full of Texas pride, and these housewives are no different. People warn ...more
- Riverdale (The CW, 2017) is an American teen drama television series developed by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, based on the characters of Archie Comics. The series follows Archie Andrews' (KJ Apa) life in ...more
- The Circle: France (Netflix, 2020) is a French reality television series and a spin-off of the American installment, The Circle. The show bills itself as a game based around social media, with the ...more
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta Porsha's Family Matters (Bravo, 2021) is an American reality television miniseries and part of The Real Housewives franchise. In the aftermath of a whirlwind romance ...more
- Paris in Love (Peacock, 2021) is an American reality documentary series. The series documents her life as she prepares to marry venture capitalist Carter Reum, covering everything from bridal dress ...more
- The Real Housewives of Orange County (Bravo, 2006) is an American reality television series. It has aired nine seasons and focuses on the personal and professional lives of several women residing in ...more
- The Bachelor (ABC, 2002) is an American dating and relationship reality television series created by Mike Fleiss. A single bachelor dates multiple women over several weeks, narrowing them down to ...more
- MTV Floribama Shore (MTV, 2017) is an American reality television series, and a successor to Jersey Shore. On the Gulf Coast at Panama City Beach, eight young adults live together during the summer ...more
- Selling Tampa (Netflix, 2021) is an American lifestyle reality series. The series follows the agents of Allure Realty as they rule the waterfront of a hot Tampa luxury real estate market while mixing ...more
- The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart (ABC, 2020) is a dating competition singing reality show hosted by Chris Harrison. 20 single men and women embark on an incredible journey to find love ...more
- The Real Housewives of New York City (Bravo, 2008) is an American reality television and the second installment of The Real Housewives franchise. It focuses on the personal and professional lives of ...more
- The Challenge is a reality game show on MTV that is spun off from the network's two reality shows, The Real World and the now cancelled Road Rules. It features alumni from these two shows, in ...more
- Stressed-out brides attempt to plan the perfect wedding.
- The Real Housewives of Atlanta (Bravo, 2008) is an American reality television series and the third installment of The Real Housewives franchise. It focuses on the personal and professional lives of ...more
- Shahs of Sunset (Bravo, 2012) is an American reality television series. The series follows a group of Iranian American friends living in Beverly Hills and the greater area known as "Tehrangeles," who ...more
- Host Andy Cohen discusses pop-culture events with guests and viewers.