Downloadable Content Packs (DLCs) are add on packs distributed by the original game distributor or a third party, that add something to an already existing game. DLCs can include a whole range of things from new levels or objectives to new characters or additional worlds.
DLC's have become hugely important because it allows developers to keep working after a game is released, either fixing problems, improving general gameplay, or shaping a game more to the wants and needs of the fans.With their surge in popularity and influence, this list of the best DLC packs has been ranked by gamers as the best packs available. Vote up the DLC packs you think are the best, that have most improved a game you love.
- Photo: Obsidian Entertainment149 VOTESDead Money DLC lets you gather new characters from new playable areas, giving hours of additional (intense) gameplay.
- 247 VOTESThe Broken Steel DLC added new levels, more sidequests, and extra fallout time.
- Photo: Bethesda347 VOTESShivering Isles DLC added a huge, open, free-to-roam world map, with great level design, and side quests. It maintained the same level of quality with regards to visuals and story as the rest of the already near perfect game.
- Photo: Rockstar Games442 VOTESThe Ballad of Gay Tony DLC added incredibly well designed new missions, hours of additional game play, addictive multi-player levels, and more.
- 567 VOTESThe Dragonborn DLC allowed you unlock hours more gameplay by traveling to the island of Solstheim to return the first dragon blood. It also unlocked extra quests, weapons, armor, and characters.
- Photo: Rockstar GamesThe Undead Nightmare DLC takes you from the polished cinematic (amazing) standard Red Dead game and puts you in an entire new game and genre. A separate game entirely, this DLC is expansive, and as fully formed and thought out as the regular RDR.