There are a number of documentaries out there that detail the different aspects and behind the scenes medical aspects of pregnancy and childbirth, including using traditional doctors and hospitals verses home birth with a midwife, what to expect during your pregnancy, and the medical mysteries of childbirth. What are pregnancy documentaries? Without having information, it’s hard to understand the science behind pregnancy, what your pregnancy will be like, and especially how to take care of a newborn. These topics are equally important to childbirth, and documentaries like this can help you prepare for this amazing transition in your life!
This list discusses the best documentary films discussing pregnancy, including National Geographic: In the Womb, The Business of Being Born, Pregnant in America, Babies, and Waiting for a Heartbeat. Vote up those you recommend, and please add any that we missed.
- 1The Business of Being Born is a 2008 documentary film that explores the contemporary... more
40 Weeks’ award-winning documentary team is thrilled to present expectant couples a film they can relate to and share with one another.
Nova: Life's Greatest Miracle
Discovery: from Conception to Birth
Laboring Under An Illusion: Mass Media Childbirth Vs. the Real Thing
- 7Steve Buonaugurio, Gordon Grobelny
Directed by: Steve Buonaugurio
A Doula Story
The Face of BirthAndrew Bisits, Justine Caines
Directed by: Gavin Banks, Kate Gorman
Natural Born Babies - Modern Day, Natural Childbirth
National Geographic: the Science of Babies
Business of Being Born 2
Nova: the Miracle of Life
Works of Wonder
National Geographic: in the Womb: Identical Twins
- 16Freedom for Birth is a 2012 documentary film written and directed by Alex Wakeford and Toni... more
Freedom for Birth
- 17Babies, also known as Baby and Bébé, is a 2010 French documentary film by Thomas Balmès that... more
Pregnancy for Dummies
- 19First Comes Loves is a 2012 documentary film directed by Nina Davenport.
First Comes Love