Play as the unnamed marine that must fight back the legions of hell in all the Doom video games. Originally released in 1993, the Doom franchise has spawned books, comics, and a movie with Dwayne Johnson. With an aggressive gameplay style, this franchise revolutionized the first-person shooter genre. The Doom game series saw a revival with the release of Doom in 2016 and continues with Doom Eternal.
Several of the later Doom editions allow you to play Doom from 1993, Doom II: Hell on Earth and Doom 3 with updated graphics, on newer platforms, and expanded levels. Each installment of Doom comes with new enemies as well as old favorites such as Pain Elemental, Arachnotron, and Archvile. Look for and vote up the Doom games you love playing the most.
Check back November 22 so you can vote on Doom Eternal, when it is released and let other Doom fans know what you think of it.
- 1Doom is a 1993 science fiction horror-themed first-person shooter video game by id Software. It is considered one of the most significant and influential titles in the video game industry, for having ushered in the popularity of the first-person shooter genre. The original game is divided into three nine-level episodes and distributed via shareware and mail order. The Ultimate Doom, an updated release of the original game featuring a fourth episode, was released in 1995 and sold at retail. In Doom, players assume the role of an unnamed space marine, who became popularly known as "Doomguy", fighting his way through hordes of invading demons from Hell. With one third of the game, nine levels,... more
28749Is this a great Doom game?
- Release: 1993
- Platform: Mac OS, SNES PlayStation, Game Boy Advance, Xbox 360, iOS
- Doom Eternal is a first-person shooter developed by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks. It is the fifth main title in the Doom series and a sequel to 2016's Doom. Players once again take on the role of the Doom Slayer, an ancient warrior who battles the demonic forces of Hell. The game continues its predecessor's emphasis on "push-forward" combat, encouraging the player to aggressively engage enemies in order to acquire health and ammo. New movement mechanics such as wall-climbing and dash moves will also be introduced. There are new types of enemies, such as the Marauder and Doom Hunter, while others, such as the Pain Elemental, Arachnotron, and Archvile, will be reintroduced... more
27049Is this a great Doom game?
- Release: 2020
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Stadia, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
- Doom is a first-person shooter video game developed by id Software and published by Bethesda Softworks. A reboot of the Doom franchise, it is the fourth title in the main series and the first major installment since Doom 3 in 2004. It was released worldwide on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 13, 2016 and is powered by id Tech 6. A port for Nintendo Switch, co-developed with Panic Button, was released on November 10, 2017. Players take the role of an unnamed space marine as he battles demonic forces from Hell that have been unleashed by the Union Aerospace Corporation on a future-set colonized planet Mars. The gameplay returns to a faster pace with more open-ended... more
31776Is this a great Doom game?
- Release: 2016
- Platform: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Stadia
- Doom II: Hell on Earth is a first-person shooter video game, the second title of id Software's Doom franchise. It was originally released for MS-DOS computers in 1994 and Macintosh computers in 1995. Unlike Doom, which was initially only available through shareware and mail order, Doom II was a commercial release sold in stores. Master Levels for Doom II, an expansion pack that includes 21 new levels, was released on December 26, 1995 by id Software.... more
20942Is this a great Doom game?
- Release: 1994
- Platform: Tapwave Zodiac, Mac OS, Xbox 360, MS-DOS, NEC PC-9801