There are so many funny episodes of Family Matters, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "Grandmama" the best, or is "Born to be Mild" your favorite episode of Family Matters? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of Family Matters are, let's rank every Family Matters episode from best to worst.
Family Matters, a spinoff of Perfect Strangers, focused on the Winslow family, a middle-class African-American family living in Chicago, Illinois. The family's neighbor, Steve Urkel, eventually became a focal point of the series over the course of nine years. It's hard to picture the show working without, right? Family Matters starred Reginald VelJohnson, Jo Marie Payton, Rosetta LeNoire, Darius McCrary, Kellie Shanygne Williams, Jaimee Foxworth, and Jaleel White (as Urkel), and ran on CBS from September 19, 1997 to July 17, 1998.
Vote up your favorite episodes of Family Matters, and downvote any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one Family Matters episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
- Season 4 Episode 12: Laura's guardian angel arrives and shows her a world where Steve's and Laura's roles are reversed--Steve is sauve, while Laura is socially inept.
- 5711Season 5 Episode 16: Laura defends classmate Steve in a student trial when he is accused of blowing up the science laboratory.
- Season 5 Episode 11: Carl learns the true meaning of Christmas aboard a train stranded in a snowstorm as Steve attempts to cheer the miserable passengers.
- Season 2 Episode 22: Harriette's and Rachel's father--whom they had believed was killed in the Korean War--comes to the Winslow home and wants to make amends for abandoning his daughters.
- Season 2 Episode 25: Carl Winslow experiences guilt over a hostage who was shot a year ago while he was on duty as a police officer. Steve Urkel bribes Laura Winslow to go out on a date with him.
- Season 5 Episode 8: When Laura tells Steve to be less annoying, he creates a potion that transforms him into a suave, charming man. But his new attitude soon causes more problems than it solves.
- 3911Season 5 Episode 7: Eddie agrees to be Steve's partner in a basketball tournament but then finds a better partner. Steve partners with an old lady, Grandmama.
Season 4 Episode 4: When Laura says she will go steady with the next boy to ask her out who has his own car, Steve acquires a car and persuades Carl to teach him to drive...
- Season 3 Episode 9: When a local gang intimidates the customers at Rachel's diner and beats up Eddie, Carl and Steve team up. Steve goes undercover to join the gang.
- 3211Season 6 Episode 15: After she is robbed, Laura considers getting a gun, but the Winslows organize a gun turn-in program instead.
- Season 9 Episode 20: Laura's ex-boyfriend, Stefan, reminds her that she promised to consider his marriage proposal someday. He gives her a beautiful diamond ring and asks her again. When Stefan leaves the room, Steve enters with 144 red roses and also proposes to Laura.
- Season 3 Episode 25: Rachel and Laura read a story that Steve wrote. In the story, Steve is a 1940s detective whom Laura hires to protect Rachel, but when Rachel is killed, Steve must investigate all the suspects and deduce her murderer's identity.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Steve Urkel mistakenly believes Rachel is romantically attracted to him as she prepares a candle-lit dinner--for her loan officer.
- Season 2 Episode 7: Carl must save Steve and Laura, who have been taken hostage during a Halloween robbery.
- 247Season 2 Episode 8: When Steve goes out of town, his look-alike, sound-alike, act-alike cousin Myrtle, the belle of Biloxi, arrives and falls madly in love with Eddie.
- Season 4 Episode 1: When Carl becomes angry with his obnoxious neighbor Steve, they arrange to fight it out--on national television.
- Season 9 Episode 7: Last year on Halloween, Steve created a small, evil ventriloquist's dummy in his image that came to life and wreaked havoc. Now, the dummy, dubbed Stevil, returns with a nightmarish sidekick named Carlsbad, who looks like a little version of Carl.
- 206Season 5 Episode 22: Steve's dowdy Aunt Oona (DONNA SUMMER) visits and, with Harriette's help, becomes confident enough to win a singing competition.
- Season 5 Episode 15: Eddie is harassed by police officers while driving through a white neighborhood.
- Season 4 Episode 16: When Eddie can't get tickets to the big Tracie Spencer (HERSELF) concert, he sneaks into Tracie's hotel room to meet her.
- 197Season 8 Episode 7: Steve's ventriloquist dummy comes to life on Halloween, wreaking havoc in the Winslow household.
- Season 4 Episode 15: Laura and Ted arrange a blind date for Steve with Ted's cousin Myra.
- 186Season 2 Episode 6: While Carl Winslow chases a suspect, he gets trapped in a moving boxcar with Steve Urkel. Steve's uncertainty about choosing a career leads Carl to the realization that he should no longer pressure his own son to become a cop.
- Season 5 Episode 21: Carl, Eddie and Waldo's camping trip is disrupted when Steve arrives. Steve becomes even more annoying when he warns them about dangers at their campsite--all of which prove to be true.
- 142Season 7 Episode 19: When Steve casts a spell on Laura with a magical love potion, his lifelong quest for her may finally have a happy ending. Harriette and Carl's plans for a second honeymoon are thwarted.