There are so many good episodes of Gotham, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "Worse Than a Crime..." the best, or is "Into the Woods" your favorite episode of Gotham? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of Gotham are, let's rank every Gotham episode from best to worst.
Gotham tells tales from the city where future Batman/Bruce Wayne grew up in, following the murder of his parents. The dramatic DC series stars Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Zabryna Guevara, Sean Pertwee, and Ben McKenzie as young James Gordon, the future police commission of Gotham City. Gotham premiered on Fox on September 22, 2014 and ran for five seasons.
None of what you see on Gotham is canon to the Batman Universe, so think of the series as an alternate universe. That being said, Gotham is actually a great way to learn about a lot of characters you wouldn't know about if you've only seen the movies. Gotham is heavily serialized, so make sure you start from the first episode if you're new to the series.
Vote up your favorite episodes of Gotham, and vote down any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one Gotham episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
- Season 3 Episode 14: With Jerome on the loose, Bruce and Alfred’s safety is compromised. Meanwhile, Nygma and Penguin confront their issues face-to-face in the winter finale.
- 12328Season 2 Episode 3: Gordon (BEN McKENZIE) and Bullock (DONAL LOGUE) track down a nemesis from the past, leading to a standoff between Jerome (CAMERON MONAGHAN) and Gordon.
- Season 3 Episode 15: Convinced that he doesn’t need Penguin to succeed, Nygma begins to introduce himself to Gotham as “The Riddler,” while Gordon learns some troubling news about his father’s death.
- 10626Season 2 Episode 2: After reinstatement, Gordon is given the high-profile case tracking the deadly inmate escape from Arkham, while Bruce enlists the help of his father's old friend to unlock secrets.
- Season 1 Episode 16: Gordon takes Dr. Thompkins to the circus, but the day turns quickly when the circus comes under attack. Then, Falcone enlists Butch Gilzean to help Penguin with the nightclub.
- 8923Season 2 Episode 17: In an attempt to clear his name, Gordon steals his case file and asks Nygma for help. Meanwhile, Penguin awakens from his "conditioning" upon his father's death.
- Season 3 Episode 13: On the run from Gordon and Bullock, Dwight (DAVID DASTMALCHIAN) tries to revive Jerome (CAMERON MONAGHAN) and, in turn, activates his Gotham followers.
- Season 1 Episode 7: As violence between Maroni and Falcone escalates, Penguin reveals a new element of his manipulative strategy, forcing Gordon to deal with the consequences of his earlier decision.
- Season 2 Episode 11: When Bruce Wayne is kidnapped, Gordon must look to some unlikely and dangerous allies for help. In this battle of the villains, not everyone makes it out alive in the fall finale.
- Season 2 Episode 10: While Gordon challenges a suspect linked to Galavan, Bruce gets one step closer to discovering the name of his parents' killer.
- 8628Season 4 Episode 9: Sofia Falcone (CRYSTAL REED) and Penguin plan a fundraiser, but Professor Pyg shows up as the chef. And Bruce’s wild side gets in the way of his relationship with Alfred.
- Season 3 Episode 21: With the deadly virus spreading, the search for the antidote continues as Fish, Riddler and Penguin reveal plans of their own. And Bruce meets Ra’s al Ghul in the season finale.
- 559Season 3 Episode 12: While Bruce and Selina deal with the return of her mother (IVANA MILIČEVIČ), Falcone places a hit on Gordon after learning that he shot Mario.
- 5217Season 4 Episode 1: In the season four premiere, Gordon fears Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow is back in Gotham; meanwhile, Penguin’s licensing of crime in the city backfires.
- 6429Season 2 Episode 15: While Gordon & Bullock investigate a trail of clues left by Nygma in a dangerous game of cat and mouse, Penguin meets his father (PAUL REUBENS).
- Season 4 Episode 7: Gordon and Bullock head into the Narrows looking for clues leading to Professor Pyg (MICHAEL CERVERIS). Bruce meets a former friend (SAMIE FINNERTY).
- Season 2 Episode 8: While Galavan tries to make a business deal with Bruce Wayne, he sends Barbara after Jim Gordon - with Bullock and Barnes hot on her trail. Nygma meets a familiar face.
- Season 3 Episode 20: While Gordon races against the clock to save the city from the Alice Tetch virus, some of Gotham’s most deranged villains band together. And Alfred sees a change in Bruce.
mandatory brunch meeting
- 4917Season 2 Episode 1: In the season two premiere, Penguin is now King of Gotham and Gordon seeks his help when his moral compass wavers. Meanwhile Bruce Wayne explores his father's secrets.
- Season 2 Episode 14: While Gordon follows up with Nygma on Kristen Kringle's whereabouts, Alfred and Selina help Bruce find his parents' killer, Matches Malone (MICHAEL BOWEN).
- Season 4 Episode 10: While Gordon tries to broker a deal with Penguin that involves Sophia, Lee Thompkins gains more control over the Narrows.
- Season 1 Episode 13: When a key witness in a homicide ends up dead in police custody, Gordon suspects it was an inside job. Meanwhile, Penguin gives Fish a taste of her own medicine.
- Season 1 Episode 18: After the attack, Bruce deals with the aftermath. Meanwhile, Fish's allegiance with the prisoners is questioned when she appears to join forces with Dr. Dulmacher (COLM FEORE).
- Season 1 Episode 1: In the series premiere, GOTHAM follows Jim Gordon as he navigates a dangerously corrupt city, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.