There are so many good episodes of Mom, but which ones really stand out? Do you like "Smokey Taylor and a Deathbed Confession" the best, or is "Broken Dreams and Blocked Arteries" your favorite episode of Mom? To determine once and for all what the best episodes of Mom are, let's rank every Mom episode from best to worst.
In the sitcom Mom, single mother Christy Plunkett (Anna Farris) moves in with her mother Bonnie (Allison Janney) in Napa, California, as she takes steps to restart her life for her and her children. Mom, which premiered on CBS on September 23, 2013, was created by Chuck Lorre, Eddie Gorodetsky, and Gemma Baker. For her portrayal of Bonnie Plunkett, Allison Janney has been nominated for an Emmy each year since Mom began. The series is still currently airing new episodes in 2020.
Vote up your favorite episodes of Mom, and downvote any bad episodes that you really didn't enjoy, despite how much you love the series as a whole. It can be painful to put one Mom episode over the other when there are so many good ones, which is why you can vote on however many episodes you like.
- Season 4 Episode 12: Christy, Bonnie, Jill and Wendy get high after accidentally eating cookies filled with marijuana.
- Season 2 Episode 3: In order to get the family back together, Christy and Bonnie rent a house with a colorful past. Meanwhile, Bonnie tries to broker a peace between Christy and Alvin.
- Season 3 Episode 7: Christy hosts a family dinner for Violet's hard-to-please future mother-in-law (LINDA LAVIN). Also, Bonnie balks when Steve (DON McMANUS) wants to take their relationship to the next level.
- Season 2 Episode 18: Christy and Bonnie face temptation when Bonnie is prescribed pain medication for a back injury.
- Season 1 Episode 22: Christy and Bonnie help an emotional Violet through labor on the season one finale. Meanwhile, Christy is convinced that Bonnie still has feelings for Alvin.
- Season 1 Episode 5: Christy makes a new friend, Regina (guest star OCTAVIA SPENCER), who has big problems. Meanwhile, Bonnie attempts to put someone else's needs ahead of her own.
- Season 1 Episode 14: Christy and Bonnie come clean about the secrets they've been keeping from each other. Meanwhile, Violet and Luke discover they have different ideas about parenting.
- Season 3 Episode 13: Christy, Jill and Wendy find themselves in a sticky situation when they agree to help Bonnie smuggle an illegal substance across the Canadian border.
- Season 2 Episode 12: Christy performs damage control when Bonnie acts out after the death of a loved one. Beverly D'Angelo returns as Alvin's ex-wife.
- Season 4 Episode 15: When Bonnie discovers that Adam is still close with his ex-wife, Danielle (guest star WENDIE MALICK), Christy worries the emotional fallout could jeopardize Bonnie’s sobriety.
- Season 4 Episode 9: Christy and Bonnie have their hands full when Adam’s hard-partying friends, Mitch (BRADLEY WHITFORD) and Leanne (NICOLE SULLIVAN) come for a visit.
- Season 2 Episode 5: Christy has mixed feelings about Baxter's new relationship with Candace (SARA RUE). Meanwhile, things between Bonnie and Alvin heat up.
- Season 3 Episode 20: When Christy learns she made the Dean's List at school, she's disappointed by Bonnie's lackluster response. RICHARD SCHIFF guest stars as Bonnie's fantasy co-worker.
- Season 1 Episode 18: Violet is nervous about becoming a mom, so Christy plans a baby shower to get her excited. Meanwhile, Bonnie scores a new life-coaching client.
- Season 3 Episode 14: Christy tries to be supportive when a health scare throws Bonnie into a tailspin.
- Season 2 Episode 10: After realizing she's been a waitress longer than she planned, Christy takes steps towards a new career. Also, Bonnie and Alvin try to recapture their youth.
- Season 2 Episode 2: Christy convinces herself that everything is fine - even though her family is basically homeless. Surprisingly, Bonnie is the one who tries to bring her back to reality.
- Season 2 Episode 14: When Christy gets promoted to manager of the restaurant, she discovers that being the boss has its own set of problems. Meanwhile, someone is trying to get Bonnie fired.
- Season 3 Episode 21: Christy and Bonnie don't know who to believe when they hear conflicting stories about Violet and Gregory's breakup. LINDA LAVIN returns as Gregory's mother, Phyllis.
- Season 1 Episode 21: Christy is caught in the middle when tensions rise between Bonnie and Alvin. Meanwhile, a very pregnant Violet is apprehensive about going to her senior prom.
- Season 4 Episode 1: On the fourth season premiere, Adam (WILLIAM FICHTNER) moves in with Bonnie (ALLISON JANNEY), and Christy (ANNA FARIS) teams up with Jill (JAIME PRESSLY) to meet men.
- Season 5 Episode 2: Bonnie is suspicious when her brother strikes up a friendship with Adam, and Christy and Bonnie have a brush with the law when they take Ray’s fancy car for a joy ride.
- Season 5 Episode 5: When an injury temporarily lands Bonnie in a wheelchair, Christy is forced to take over as building manager and makes a surprising discovery.
- Season 3 Episode 1: On the third season premiere, Bonnie and Christy (ANNA FARIS) disagree about forgiveness when Bonnie's estranged mother (ELLEN BURSTYN) wants to be a part of their lives.
- Season 3 Episode 4: Christy is thrilled when Violet wants to spend more time together and improve their relationship. Also, Bonnie tries to make amends with her nemesis in the building (AMY HILL).